Contribute
Register

Lenovo IdeaPad 720s

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I have the same laptop, I would like to share the status of my current Hackintosh project as well as to ask for some help with the features I am still struggling with. Reporting Files attached.

Whats working great (after installing the appropriate kexts as well as some DSDT tweeking)
- Dual Boot (booting to OSX only possible with slide=21 argument)
- Display
- Battery Status
- Camera
- Keyboard
- Sleep/Shutdown
- Wifi & Bluetooth (chip replaced with BCM94352Z model, used Kexts: BrcmFirmwareRepo, BrcmPatchRam2,FakePCIID_Broadcom_Wifi)
- NVRAM
- Backlight Control (using a patched Applebacklight Kext as described here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...een-using-patched-applebacklight-kext.121031/ - but level not saved in NVRAM)
- Audio (Patched Apple HDA for codec ALC298, patches via Codec Commander for fixing distorted headphone output)

Not so great:
- Touchpad

Problems
- After wake from sleep, the whole laptop reacts slow, audio stops working (only a few glitches while skipping)
- Touchpad sometimes not working at all, sometimes it stops working after a few minutes

If anyone can help with this laptop or has hints for the reported problems, this would be much appreciated!

Best,
Nic

I have the same laptop running High Sierra 10.13.4 but I can't get the audio to work. How did you find your chipset model and what layout ID did you use? I installed AppleALC and Lilu in my /S/L/E folder and patched them with different layouts through clover configurator but with no success.

I attached my EFI folder if you want to have a look.

Thanks

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 198
I have the same laptop running High Sierra 10.13.4 but I can't get the audio to work. How did you find your chipset model and what layout ID did you use? I installed AppleALC and Lilu in my /S/L/E folder and patched them with different layouts through clover configurator but with no success.

I attached my EFI folder if you want to have a look.

Thanks

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Hi @Nicji77 ! I also have an Ideapad 720s and I want to get my wifi working. My laptop was shipped with an Intel WiFi chip. You are using a Broadcom chip but I have red, that there is a bios limitation for the usage of different wifi chips. Did you have any issues with that?

Thanks! Alex

Hi! I am newbi on this forum. Try to search information for resolve my trouble, but could't find.
Many thanks for RehabMan for detail manuals. I Install OSX Sierra 10.12.6 by RehabMan instruction from USB. I used configHD620.plist fo Clover config. After install OS I installed ACPIBatteryManager, LiLu, FakePCIID, FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics, VoodooPSController, AppleALC with KextUtility in /S/L/E. All kexts from RehabMan git. I correct layout-id for HDA sound in config.plist through xcode. I try decisions for run touchpad and screen brightness, but I had not result. Also, I hope run Atheros QCA61 WiFi card.
Please, any suggestion.
Report from Aida attached.
Many thanks.
hello,can you share your EFI on ideapad 720 ?Thx ; )

Hi! I am newbi on this forum. Try to search information for resolve my trouble, but could't find.
Many thanks for RehabMan for detail manuals. I Install OSX Sierra 10.12.6 by RehabMan instruction from USB. I used configHD620.plist fo Clover config. After install OS I installed ACPIBatteryManager, LiLu, FakePCIID, FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics, VoodooPSController, AppleALC with KextUtility in /S/L/E. All kexts from RehabMan git. I correct layout-id for HDA sound in config.plist through xcode. I try decisions for run touchpad and screen brightness, but I had not result. Also, I hope run Atheros QCA61 WiFi card.
Please, any suggestion.
Report from Aida attached.
Many thanks.
I can't find any of them on Github.

THX,does your 720s's EFI work on Mojave?BTW ,can you provide your EFI I am a greenhand here.
i don't own a Lenovo, so my EFI will be of no use to you. Sorry

just follow the guide, create your usb installer etc and go from there

once you have installed macOS, you can then configure as necessary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back