Contribute
Register

Lenovo IdeaPad 330S-15IKB 81F500NSUS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm considering a P1 or X1 to attempt a Hackintosh build with. Has anyone attempted this? I searched youtube nothing comes up but ThinkPad X330. I should be the same process considering its the same processor right. Please let me know if anyone has some insight thanks!

Successful triple boot with Windows 10, macOS 10.14.3 and Ubuntu 18.04 on the 81F500K6JP version (Japanese edition with i7-8550U) !

Hi Whab. I just purchased the same laptop (US/CAD version though). Did you make use of muchmore's clover folder or did you build everything from scratch? I'm new here and this will be my first time making a hackintosh.. If you have any tips or gotcha's I would be grateful to hear them. Having said that, I probably have a lot more reading to do before I start. I've already read the first time / faq / rehabmans guides.

Did you have any issue with the DVMT-prealloc?

Thanks in advance,
Sowrolls

Hi Whab. I just purchased the same laptop (US/CAD version though). Did you make use of muchmore's clover folder or did you build everything from scratch? I'm new here and this will be my first time making a hackintosh.. If you have any tips or gotcha's I would be grateful to hear them. Having said that, I probably have a lot more reading to do before I start. I've already read the first time / faq / rehabmans guides.

Did you have any issue with the DVMT-prealloc?

Thanks in advance,
Sowrolls

Hello Sowrolls,

Yes I used MuchMore's clover folder as a starting point, then:

- fixed Audio with AppleALC kext (v1.3.5)
- fixed Backlight Control with AppleBacklightFixup.kext (v1.0.2)
- fixed Trackpad with VoodooI2C.kext (v2.1.4) and VoodooI2CHID.kext (1.0) and removing AppleIntelLpssI2C.kext and AppleIntelLpssI2CController.kext from /S/L/E/
- fixed some booting and battery issues by replacing FakeSMC.kext with VirtualSMC.kext (along SMCBatteryManager.kext, SMCProcessor.kext, VirtualSmc.efi), and removing SMCHelper-64.efi.
- fixed Wifi/Bluetooth with a macOS compatible card (BCM94350ZAE) and adding BrcmFirmwareData.kext, BrcmPatchRAM2.kext and BrcmNonPatchRAM2.kext
- fixed HDMI Audio by removing FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext
- and finally fixed Sleep/wake with lid by adding ACPIPoller.kext

I haven't noticed any other issue nor with the DVMT Pre-allocation. This was my first hackintosh too, so I'm glad it took me less than a week to get everything working with the triple-boot setup. Deciding which laptop to buy was the tricky part though and that took much longer... Good luck and let us know if you encounter any other problem or find better solutions!

Excellent, thank you!

So between RehabMan's guide for booting the OS X installer, Sniki's guide for the Lenovo V330-15IKB, muchmore's Clover folder, and your advise ... I should be off to a good start.

Don't have the laptop yet (supposed to arrive tomorrow), and I have a wifi/bt card coming in a couple weeks(I ordered a BCM94350ZAE, but I read somewhere it might have issues so I also ordered the lenovo branded BCM94352Z). For now I'm going to make the bootable usb and have everything ready. I'm sure I'll have more questions once i get rolling :)

Thanks again

Hello Sowrolls,

- fixed Trackpad with VoodooI2C.kext (v2.1.4) and VoodooI2CHID.kext (1.0) and removing AppleIntelLpssI2C.kext and AppleIntelLpssI2CController.kext from /S/L/E/
- fixed some booting and battery issues by replacing FakeSMC.kext with VirtualSMC.kext (along SMCBatteryManager.kext, SMCProcessor.kext, VirtualSmc.efi), and removing SMCHelper-64.efi.
- fixed Wifi/Bluetooth with a macOS compatible card (BCM94350ZAE) and adding BrcmFirmwareData.kext, BrcmPatchRAM2.kext and BrcmNonPatchRAM2.kext

I haven't noticed any other issue nor with the DVMT Pre-allocation. This was my first hackintosh too, so I'm glad it took me less than a week to get everything working with the triple-boot setup. Deciding which laptop to buy was the tricky part though and that took much longer... Good luck and let us know if you encounter any other problem or find better solutions!

Hey Whab, could you please provide your CLOVER folder?

Edit: Not necessary to upload your folder. I have Mojave installed with just about everything working except for wifi/bluetooth, since I don't have the proper hardware yet. Mojave installed on a 500Gb partition of a 2TB SSD and Windows 10 installed on the 256Gb nvme drive. 1.5Tb exFAT partition to share between win/osx.

I had a lot of trouble getting to the osx installer gui which I believe was due to me using improper config.plist. My laptop only has integrated UHD620 So I needed the correct plist for that, what ended up working was a UHD630 style plist.

Once installed, it was a pretty simple matter of using muchmore's clover folder and making the changes as you suggested. My only concern now is the fine tuning of muchmore's config.plist to my machine. I'm still using usb inject all which is not a good solution, and will have to create a custom usb injector at some point.

I'm wondering if there is anything else I forgot? Next steps etc..

Thanks a bunch!

Last edited:
Hello @muchmore I was wondering if you could help me out. I was following your conversation with Rehabman on the DSDT battery patching thread, did you manage to fix the battery patch with the 8 errors? If so could you please post it here? It would really be very helpful as I am trying to get working battery status on my 330s 14 ikb.

Last edited:
Hello Sowrolls,

Did you do anything in addition to the ACPIPoller to get your lid close to sleep working? I'm facing issues with lid close to sleep. It works fine the first time after I use ACPIPoller, but on reboot it doesn't work anymore. Same thing happens if I remove the ACPIPoller. It works the first time and then doesn't after a reboot. Lid open to wake works flawlessly though.

Did you do anything in addition to the ACPIPoller to get your lid close to sleep working? I'm facing issues with lid close to sleep. It works fine the first time after I use ACPIPoller, but on reboot it doesn't work anymore. Same thing happens if I remove the ACPIPoller. It works the first time and then doesn't after a reboot. Lid open to wake works flawlessly though.

You probably need to patch the lid0 device in your DSDT. I’ve almost the same laptop and reliable fixed lid sleep this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back