Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo IdeaPad 330-15IKB
CPU
i3-8130U
Graphics
UHD 620 / 1366x768
I tried looking at device manager and CPU-z to get more info on my hardware but still couldn't tell more than this. I know it's a realtek sound but no idea what chip, and I'm not sure what trackpad. How are people finding this info? I've checked Lenovo website, CPU-z, and Device Manager.

PC Specs as far as I know:
Lenovo IdeaPad 330-15IKB (Type 81DE)
i3-8130U / 4GB DDR4 RAM
UHD 620 / 1366x768
Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 Wireless

The guides I have tried are...

Edit: Erased my questions, I managed to get a UHD 630 template plist to work to get Mojave installed. To help others I will try to get the EFI I used posted next week if it all works ok. I will have to revisit this post and edit it once I run into another snag at finding which kexts work trying to get everything working on the laptop and getting my triple boot done. Goal is to have Mojave, PinguyOS, Win 10 on the machine when I'm all said and done.

Last edited:
I tried to then use the config.plist and files listed on pages 2-4 of the second thread in my first post but it will not boot with that config.plist so I have to use my USB to boot back in and swap out the config files again so I can get back into Mojave.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/lenovo-ideapad-330-15ikb.265875/post-1861522

The main differences between my 330 laptop and the original poster is that I have no dedicated GPU and only an UDH 620 (UHD 630 config is working and what I used to install Mojave) running at 1366x768 instead of original posters 1920x1080, and my CPU is an 8130U (2 core 4 thread) instead of an 8250U (4 core 8 thread). Other than that I believe they are exactly the same.

I attached the EFI I used to install Mojave and that I also use to recover while testing other config.plist files.

Brightness, sound, wireless, touchpad all are NOT working.
If anyone else can point me in the right direction that would be awesome. Thanks.

Attachments

• Lenovo Ideapad 330 Hackintosh Initial Install EFI.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 158
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back