Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo Ideapad 330-15IKB (81DE)
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620
@Sniki Hi !

my Laptop model is Lenovo Ideapad 330-15IKB (81DE) (Bios Version : 8TCN45WW).

i looked at your guide and was wondering if the SSDT patch differ as my laptop model is slightly different.

my DSDT and SSDT files are attached below.

Laptop Specs :
- Intel core i5 - 8250U Quad Core CPU (KabyLake R)
- Intel UHD 620 Graphics
- AMD Radeon 530
- Realtek sound chipset (ALC230)
- Qualcom Arethros wifi chipset (QCA9377 )
- 8GB DDR4 - 2400MHz Ram
- 15.6" Full HD Display
- I2C Elan precision TouchPad with multi-gestures

-Thanks !

Attachments

• ACPI.zip
    51.4 KB · Views: 1,820
Last edited:
Will check the files tonight and will let you know.

@Sniki Hi !

my Laptop model is Lenovo Ideapad 330-15IKB (81DE) (Bios Version : 8TCN45WW).

i looked at your guide and was wondering if the SSDT patch differ as my laptop model is slightly different.

my DSDT and SSDT files are attached below.

Laptop Specs :
- Intel core i5 - 8250U Quad Core CPU (KabyLake R)
- Intel UHD 620 Graphics
- AMD Radeon 530
- Realtek sound chipset (ALC230)
- Qualcom Arethros wifi chipset (QCA9377 )
- 8GB DDR4 - 2400MHz Ram
- 15.6" Full HD Display
- I2C Elan precision TouchPad with multi-gestures

-Thanks !

sure ! thanks

Hi !
Any update ? Thanks !
According to my quick check yes you can use my guide as it's fully compatible, only difference is audio codec, which i changed it and added config_330-15IKB.plist into my github repository and after you finish installation we might need to change USB Ports Injector.

Then i will add support to the main guide for your laptop as well.

Can you list all available ports of your Laptops: USB Ports and types, Video Output ports,etc.

@nvkay follow all my lenovo V330-15IKB guide but just instead of config_v330-15ikb.plist, use config_330-15ikb.plist as i added support for your ALC230, the others files and steps same like my laptop.

@nvkay follow all my lenovo V330-15IKB guide but just instead of config_v330-15ikb.plist, use config_330-15ikb.plist as i added support for your ALC230, the others files and steps same like my laptop.
thank you for looking at my files !
i have placed the config.plist you provided in your repo for my laptop in my clover folder, but my audio still doesnt work
i have AppleALC.kext and CodecCommander.kext in my CLOVER/kexts/Other/ as mentioned in your guide.

currently these things dont work :
- ELAN TouchPad
- Sound

Can you list all available ports of your Laptops: USB Ports and types, Video Output ports,etc.

sure it has :
1 x HDMI
1 x USB-C
2 x USB 3.0
1 x SD card slot

Last edited:
thank you for looking at my files !
i have placed the config.plist you provided in your repo for my laptop in my clover folder, but my audio still doesnt work
i have AppleALC.kext and CodecCommander.kext in my CLOVER/kexts/Other/ as mentioned in your guide.

currently these things dont work :
- ELAN TouchPad
- Sound

sure it has :
1 x HDMI
1 x USB-C
2 x USB 3.0
1 x SD card slot
You didn't read my guide carefully or completely, it's well explained that all kexts should be installed into system partition after installation.

Go ahead and read it one more time.

Also upload "Problem Reporting" files.

You didn't read my guide carefully or completely, it's well explained that all kexts should be installed into system partition after installation.

Go ahead and read it one more time.

Also upload "Problem Reporting" files.

Yes, i did read it.
Will install those kexts in /L/E and will report the result again .
But i was wondering why not installing kexts in CLOVER/kexts/Other/ instead /L/E/ ? Any perticular reason for this as most of the time clover kext injection is what used and recommended ?

And i see in the config_330-15IKB.plist you have layout id to 0 . So my question is does it not need to be changed to 13 or 20 according to AppleALC doc (ALC230).

Also just a heads up , i think you forgot to mention `fix kext permissions` after putting those kexts in /L/E , before rebuilding caches.

-Thanks

Last edited:
any perticular reason for this as most of the time clover kext injection is what recommended by slice ?
From @RehabMan on his booting laptop installer guide:https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Installing Kexts

You should install all kexts you need (including FakeSMC, VoodooPS2Controller, etc) to /Library/Extensions (/L/E) or /System/Library/Extensions (/S/L/E) for 10.10.x and prior using a kext installer or Terminal. Think carefully about "kexts you need". For example, if you needed HPRAIDInjector.kext for a SATA chip locked in RAID mode, you'll need to install it in order to boot (without it, the system would be unable to mount root and would get stuck early in the boot process).

Of course, essential kexts should be installed to EFI/Clover/kexts/Other as they are needed to boot the installer (during updates) or the recovery partition.

It is a mistake to install everything to Clover/kexts. Contrary to popular hackintosh myth, it does not result in a cleaner install (the opposite is true). Many kexts will not work from Clover/kexts, so installing them to /S/L/E where they can be included in kernel cache is the best approach.

People often ask me why I install kexts to /S/L/E (or /L/E on 10.11).

I have many reasons:
- placing them in /S/L/E (or /L/E on 10.11+) and including in kernel cache, makes kextcache do a lot of error checking.
- if you develop kexts, error checking is very important!
- some kexts don't work from Clover/kexts (AppleHDA injector, CodecCommander, BrcmFirmware*)
- the idea behind Clover/kexts is to have a set of *stable* and *minimalistic* kexts that will allow booting of the installer/recovery, not full functionality
- so...the kexts there I tend to not update as often and the full set is not there (less unneeded kexts, less problems)
- placing kexts into kernel cache for day-to-day use is "more native" (as it would be on a real Mac) vs. injection (which is very non-Mac)

IMO, placing kexts in Clover/kexts for injection when not needed is like "flying blind." I don't know about you, but I would not board a plane with a blind pilot (no offense to the blind).

You might be wondering if this will result in duplicate kexts being loaded due to the kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts being injected when they are also installed to the system volume. The answer is no, not generally. With config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts="Detect", kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts are not injected when FakeSMC.kext is in kernel cache. Because FakeSMC.kext is always a "kext you need", you will always install it to the system volume, which will put it in kernel cache. Kernel cache, of course, will not have FakeSMC.kext when booting the installer or recovery, so in these cases the kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts *will* be injected as you would expect.
And just a heads up , i think you forgot to mention fix permissions for those kexts in /L/E , before rebuilding caches.
Kexts do get installed with correct permissions with the terminal command that i listed on the guide:
Code:
sudo cp -R *.kext /Library/Extensions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back