Lenovo Ideapad 310 VGA output working! HD 520

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo Legion Y530
CPU
i7 8750-H | 16GB Ram
Graphics
Intel UHD 630 1920x1080 | Nvidia GTX 1050 (4GB)
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello people,

the thing is that the other day i was using my laptop and i put a VGA cable in the output just to test (i was 100% that this won`t work) but i was wrong!!! the screen is working flawless, if i unplug and plug it again it still works, if i reboot or turn on my laptop with the VGA cable connected it works fine to...it is very rare, i did not know that this was possible on HD520.
I will attach my clover folder just for anyone that have the same laptop or to test, maybe some kind of configuration on clover or DSDT patch make it works, i did not have the time to analyze it.

Regards...

Attachments

• system.png
    system.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 516
  • vga.png
    vga.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 473
  • CLOVER.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 507
Hello people,

the thing is that the other day i was using my laptop and i put a VGA cable in the output just to test (i was 100% that this won`t work) but i was wrong!!! the screen is working flawless, if i unplug and plug it again it still works, if i reboot or turn on my laptop with the VGA cable connected it works fine to...it is very rare, i did not know that this was possible on HD520.
I will attach my clover folder just for anyone that have the same laptop or to test, maybe some kind of configuration on clover or DSDT patch make it works, i did not have the time to analyze it.

Regards...
I´m not sure, but I think only HDMI and DP working fine with Skylake graphics on mac OS Sierra.
Maybe you could buy a HDMI to VGA adapter and patch framebuffer for HDMI...

I´m not sure, but I think only HDMI and DP working fine with Skylake graphics on mac OS Sierra.
Maybe you could buy a HDMI to VGA adapter and patch framebuffer for HDMI...
NO!
you do not understand! it works! VGA and HDMI are working fine! both, that is the weird thing!

NO!
you do not understand! it works! VGA and HDMI are working fine! both, that is the weird thing!

VGA is reported as working in rare cases. For the most part it is not supported...

VGA is reported as working in rare cases. For the most part it is not supported...
Yes, it is very rare, works flawless! I only made the post to help other people who have this lap posting the EFI.

Yes, it is very rare, works flawless! I only made the post to help other people who have this lap posting the EFI.

It is just ig-platform-id choice (or correct patches to enable the VGA connector) and a bit of "compatibility luck"...

It is just ig-platform-id choice (or correct patches to enable the VGA connector) and a bit of "compatibility luck"...
Think is luck, the only thing i add was the patch to fix the upleft graphics glitch.

Hello people,

Regards...
Hello people,

Regards...

Hi, can you help me please. I have the same notebook, ideapad but mine HD520 isn't work so well... As you can seein the image attached my result is different then yours... can you please tell me what kind of configuration you've did on clover and also which were the kext you used it ?
Thank you so much!

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2017-05-30 at 14.49.13.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2017-05-30 at 14.49.13.jpeg
    116.8 KB · Views: 269
Hi, can you help me please. I have the same notebook, ideapad but mine HD520 isn't work so well... As you can seein the image attached my result is different then yours... can you please tell me what kind of configuration you've did on clover and also which were the kext you used it ?
Thank you so much!

You can use mi clover/efi (Already posted in this thread) if it is exactly the same laptop, it will work well i think!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back