Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell inspiron 3000 3558
CPU
i3-5015u
Graphics
intel hd 5500
So I bought a lenovo g510 laptop yesterday. Trying to get mac running on it is a task in itself.

Getting the os to boot into installation screens works fine using xpcm-free flag on boot menu. After its installed it gets stuck at the bluetooth missing transport error.

Boots into safe mode fine using -x flag. But I don't want to use it all the time in safe mode.

Other flags I've tried are graphicsenabler=yes and no. -v

Specs Intel i3-4000m
Intel had 4600
Conexant smartaudio hd
Had broadcom bluetooth/wifi card but I removed that in thinking that was causing the issue.
8 gig ram
256 gb solid state drive and 1tb external

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

So I bought a lenovo g510 laptop yesterday. Trying to get mac running on it is a task in itself.

Getting the os to boot into installation screens works fine using xpcm-free flag on boot menu. After its installed it gets stuck at the bluetooth missing transport error.

Boots into safe mode fine using -x flag. But I don't want to use it all the time in safe mode.

Other flags I've tried are graphicsenabler=yes and no. -v

Specs Intel i3-4000m
Intel had 4600
Conexant smartaudio hd
Had broadcom bluetooth/wifi card but I removed that in thinking that was causing the issue.
8 gig ram
256 gb solid state drive and 1tb external

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Make sure you're following this guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/374-unibeast-install-os-x-mavericks-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

Don't know what you mean by 'xcpm-free on boot menu'. There is no such thing if you use the guides here.

You will need to patch the kernel: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...-locked-msrs-hp-envy-15-j063cl-i7-4700mq.html

Also, it is best to install Chameleon (even to the USB) instead of Chimera: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/231075-chameleon-22svn-official-pkg-installer-binaries/

Use flags for initial boot:
IntelAzulFB=12 GraphicsEnabler=Y dart=0 -f UseKernelCache=N

For power management and initial setup after a fresh install, see: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...nagement-sandy-bridge-ivy-bridge-laptops.html

Haswell is similar to Ivy, except you should use a Haswell-appropriate smbios and there is no need to patch AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext.

Add IntelAzulFB=12 GraphicsEnabler=Y to your /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist so you don't have to type them each time.

Fellas,

Got the same laptop, though i have an i5 on it and a Radeon HD 8500M.

I did patch the kernel, and also installed Chameleon over the unibeasted drive (dont think it did anything), though your boot flags result in kernel panics, mostly with kextd being the reason, and sometimes the cpu number seems to change.

I can live without the Radeon, any hint on how to move further?

Fellas,

Got the same laptop, though i have an i5 on it and a Radeon HD 8500M.

I did patch the kernel, and also installed Chameleon over the unibeasted drive (dont think it did anything), though your boot flags result in kernel panics, mostly with kextd being the reason, and sometimes the cpu number seems to change.

I can live without the Radeon, any hint on how to move further?

Always post photo of the panic...

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx). For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Always post photo of the panic...

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx). For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

RehabMan, sorry for ignoring that, it totally got out of my mind.

System: Lenovo g510
CPU: i5-4200M
Graphics: Radeon HD 8500M & Intel HD 4600, 1366x768

Regarding CPU-Z, the machine has mavericks loaded, though i did it with Clover this time (using tonymac's guide), if there is a way to do all this via OS X, let me know, otherwise i may have to create a Live Windows for these requirements. So thats awful news regarding the motherboard chipset :(...

anyhow, Clover has amazed me, i've been in the hacky build game ever since 2009, and boy is Clover different in stability...but it's so much harde to work with.

So far, i have managed to grab only Ethernet support (through EFI) and flawless boot to OS X, but graphics are awful, i think Clover does not recognize the correct IGP strings and i have no idea how to fix that, where as Clover Configurator confuse is not helping at all. I've switched the graphics in the Bios as i have no hope the Radeon HD 8500M will ever work (???), though Intel HD 4600 shows only 4MB memory, unbearable.

I have no Sound, no Wi-Fi (my one is supported), no Trackpad/Keyboard, and am actually wondering if there is a way to summarize all the things that work or dont, wish there was "an app for that" as i have no idea if Power Management is working properly. And yes, i havent patched the kernel, as i have read that Clover does that for you...

RehabMan, sorry for ignoring that, it totally got out of my mind.

System: Lenovo g510
CPU: i5-4200M
Graphics: Radeon HD 8500M & Intel HD 4600, 1366x768

Read carefully. "in your profile/signature"...

Regarding CPU-Z, the machine has mavericks loaded, though i did it with Clover this time (using tonymac's guide), if there is a way to do all this via OS X, let me know, otherwise i may have to create a Live Windows for these requirements. So thats awful news regarding the motherboard chipset :(...

You have enough information above (your chipset is 8-series).

anyhow, Clover has amazed me, i've been in the hacky build game ever since 2009, and boy is Clover different in stability...but it's so much harde to work with.

So far, i have managed to grab only Ethernet support (through EFI) and flawless boot to OS X, but graphics are awful, i think Clover does not recognize the correct IGP strings and i have no idea how to fix that, where as Clover Configurator confuse is not helping at all. I've switched the graphics in the Bios as i have no hope the Radeon HD 8500M will ever work (???), though Intel HD 4600 shows only 4MB memory, unbearable.

Set ig-platform-id in config.plist to 0x0a260006.

I have no Sound, no Wi-Fi (my one is supported), no Trackpad/Keyboard, and am actually wondering if there is a way to summarize all the things that work or dont, wish there was "an app for that" as i have no idea if Power Management is working properly. And yes, i havent patched the kernel, as i have read that Clover does that for you...

Audio: Best result with patched AppleHDA. Google 'patch AppleHDA guide'. Search for suitable AppleHDA or patch it yourself. Apply appropriate DSDT patches.

DSDT patches you need for AppleHDA: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch
Apply: "Audio Layout 12" (change layout-id from 12 to the layout-id used by the patched AppleHDA)
Apply: "IRQ Fix"

WiFi: Depends on having compatible hardware. Use DPCIManager->PCI List to find out what you have. Compatible chipsets and the procedures for making them work are covered here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html

Keyboard/trackpad: Depends on PS2 drivers. There is no native support for PS2 devices in OS X. Correct drivers depend on what the manufacturer of your trackpad is.

Power management: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...-sandy-bridge-ivy-bridge-haswell-laptops.html

RehabMan, i am really sorry if this sounds disappointing, but a lot of friends ask me to convert their machines to OS X, and many times it is not a machine i personally own. I rarely go for laptops, but this time it is a matter of developing on it, i usually give people proper feedback as on how stable their system will be. Again, this is not for profitable reasons, i've never received a dime in my life for having fun in hacking a bit :).

Regarding the Machine, i found out that:

AMD Radeon HD 8500M is not supported
and so is the WiFi, which is a BCM 43142 (A0) B/G/N (14e4 4365)

Research brought me too VoodooHDA and VoodooPS2, now i got the trackpad back though the sound is not meeting my criteria, so i will definitely go for your DSDT patching link

that said, only Power Management is on my way, which i will deal with it in a bit

regarding Intel HD, it's either my over-ticking mania in Clover Configurator or i am missing something, i've changed the ig-platform-id with your value, and still, 4 MB memory, 3-4 more tabs in chrome and it's a sure restart...

EDIT: attached config.plist just in case

View attachment config.plist

EDIT2: While doing the PM research on your link:

Note: Much of the content in the ProBook Installer is specific to the ProBook. But not the SSDT generator. It can be used on any computer with a Sandy/Ivy/Haswell CPU, even desktops.

SSDT Generator is Zero KB in the installer, and installing it alone ends up with the installer failing...

regarding Intel HD, it's either my over-ticking mania in Clover Configurator or i am missing something, i've changed the ig-platform-id with your value, and still, 4 MB memory, 3-4 more tabs in chrome and it's a sure restart...

Probably it is your incorrect and unnecessary use of FakeID....

SSDT Generator is Zero KB in the installer, and installing it alone ends up with the installer failing...

Normal. Sounds like you're using PBI (not PBI Clover Edition). PBI expects to create SSDT at /Extra/SSDT.aml, and you probably don't have an Extra folder. Either create it or use PBI-CE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back