Contribute
Register

Lenovo G51-70; i3-5005U and HD5500

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. I used two patches from your repo that aren't available in Clover. (OS Check Fix and IRQ fix).

You must re-extract/re-patch after each change to any BIOS option.
Unpredictable results will happen otherwise.
For the kind of experimentation you're doing, best to use native ACPI (no *patched* ACPI files in ACPI/patched).

If you've been conducting your tests with patched ACPI, and have not been careful about re-extract/re-patch after each change to any BIOS or hardware change, all tests are invalid.

You must re-extract/re-patch after each change to any BIOS option.
Unpredictable results will happen otherwise.
For the kind of experimentation you're doing, best to use native ACPI (no *patched* ACPI files in ACPI/patched).

If you've been conducting your tests with patched ACPI, and have not been careful about re-extract/re-patch after each change to any BIOS or hardware change, all tests are invalid.
I removed DSDT.aml after changing bios settings. Still the same problem. Would you suggest me to quit hacking this laptop? I think you should also add a warning to your FAQ/guides about this CPU on certain HP and Lenovo laptops. I'm really tired of this. It's 11 months and I still can't get it to work.

I removed DSDT.aml after changing bios settings. Still the same problem. Would you suggest me to quit hacking this laptop? I think you should also add a warning to your FAQ/guides about this CPU on certain HP and Lenovo laptops. I'm really tired of this. It's 11 months and I still can't get it to work.

Your decision on whether you want to stop. Broadwell has always been a PITA from the very beginning.
The warning you suggest is already present in the sticky "compatibility" post:
It is always possible that a given laptop will not work even if the hardware mentioned above seems to meet the requirements.

Your decision on whether you want to stop. Broadwell has always been a PITA from the very beginning.
The warning you suggest is already present in the sticky "compatibility" post:
I see. I did one last thing. I updated my BIOS from F.13 to F.30 (and of course re-extracted ACPI). Still facing the same problem. At this point, I give up until I find a solution on the forums about this certain issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back