Contribute
Register

Lenovo G51-70; i3-5005U and HD5500

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems to me you forgot to rename HECI->IMEI.
I don't know if that is the cause of the issue, but it is something you should fix, along with GFX0->IGPU rename.
If you have two memory slots, install two matched/compatible RAM sticks.
Did both renames, re-installed the QE kext, still hangs on this verbose photo. IOReg shows IGPU and IMEI as normal. Before it showed GFX0 and HECI as you said.

Attachments

• Fivos’s HackBook Pro.ioreg
    5.2 MB · Views: 99
  • IMG_20170806_005351.jpg
    IMG_20170806_005351.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 99
Did both renames, re-installed the QE kext, still hangs on this verbose photo. IOReg shows IGPU and IMEI as normal. Before it showed GFX0 and HECI as you said.

No panic there.
Would need complete "Problem Reporting" files.

No panic there.
Would need complete "Problem Reporting" files.
It's actually a panic but without a KP message. Sometimes it shows strange KP's like the one in post #1.
Note: Of course I needed to remove the QE kext in order to boot and collect the problem reporing files.

Attachments

• rehabman.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 83
Last edited:
It's actually a panic but without a KP message.

No KP message -> no KP... just hang.

Sometimes it shows strange KP's like the one in post #1.

So result is variable/intermittent/different each time. Important detail you should mention.

Note: Of course I needed to remove the QE kext in order to boot and collect the problem reporing files.

Note that you can boot without QE by using safe mode (-x).
Likely a memory related problem.

Your ioreg shows some problems/mistakes:
- USB WiFi not recommended
- Android File Transfer is hooking your USB ports (see FAQ)
- also something strange called 'Traktor' doing the same thing
- virtual box installed
(you should be testing with a clean install, not with a bunch of extras installed)
- USB not configured correctly (see custom SSDT/USBInjectAll.kext guide linked from FAQ)
- common kernel flags missing (such as dart=0)

Also, you should try other ig-platform-id values.
Check BIOS settings (fast boot disabled, legacy/CSM enabled, IGPU DVMT-prealloc 64mb, VT-d disabled, etc)

Finally, you could start disabling/changing features in the CI/QE kexts by modifying the data in their Info.plist.

No KP message -> no KP... just hang.

So result is variable/intermittent/different each time. Important detail you should mention.

Note that you can boot without QE by using safe mode (-x).
Likely a memory related problem.

Your ioreg shows some problems/mistakes:
- USB WiFi not recommended
- Android File Transfer is hooking your USB ports (see FAQ)
- also something strange called 'Traktor' doing the same thing
- virtual box installed
(you should be testing with a clean install, not with a bunch of extras installed)
- USB not configured correctly (see custom SSDT/USBInjectAll.kext guide linked from FAQ)
- common kernel flags missing (such as dart=0)

Also, you should try other ig-platform-id values.
Check BIOS settings (fast boot disabled, legacy/CSM enabled, IGPU DVMT-prealloc 64mb, VT-d disabled, etc)

Finally, you could start disabling/changing features in the CI/QE kexts by modifying the data in their Info.plist.
Exactly. The KP (or just hang) is variable. When I saved my ioreg, I had a Traktor S2 MK2 USB controller hooked up. Are you talking about that? I remember reading a post about Android File Transfer interfering with Bluetooth and other USB devices. I will remove it. As for the USB Wi-Fi, I really need the BCM94352Z but I'm afraid my BIOS has a whitelist. I don't use dart=0 since I have disabled VT-d. Is that true? Finally, I will replace the RAM with a Kingston one. Thanks for your answers!

Exactly. The KP (or just hang) is variable. When I saved my ioreg, I had a Traktor S2 MK2 USB controller hooked up. Are you talking about that? I remember reading a post about Android File Transfer interfering with Bluetooth and other USB devices. I will remove it. As for the USB Wi-Fi, I really need the BCM94352Z but I'm afraid my BIOS has a whitelist. I don't use dart=0 since I have disabled VT-d. Is that true? Finally, I will replace the RAM with a Kingston one. Thanks for your answers!

You should add dart=0 (and dropping DMAR) just in case it helps.
Good luck with the RAM...

You should add dart=0 (and dropping DMAR) just in case it helps.
Good luck with the RAM...
Just got the new RAM stick today. Installed it, re-extracted and re-patched the DSDT, tried to boot with the QE kext installed, still the same problem. So I just wasted $60 for no reason. :/ IOReg saved by booting with Inject Intel=False.

Attachments

• Problem Reporting 16GB RAM.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_20170817_194627.jpg
    IMG_20170817_194627.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 67
  • IMG_20170817_194542.jpg
    IMG_20170817_194542.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 64
Just got the new RAM stick today. Installed it, re-extracted and re-patched the DSDT, tried to boot with the QE kext installed, still the same problem. So I just wasted $60 for no reason. :/ IOReg saved by booting with Inject Intel=False.

You forgot to press F2 before collecting EFI/Clover.

You also attached an ioreg, which implies you can boot.
Yet you provide a KP image, which implies you cannot boot.
Why the contradiction?

Note: config.plist/SMBIOS/Trust=true is missing.
And config.plist/SMBIOS/Memory/Channels=0 is nonsense (for dual channel setup like you have should be 2, 0 is impossible/nonsense).

And you have patched ACPI files in ACPI/patched. Don't forget that you *must* re-extract/re-patch ACPI after changing any BIOS option, BIOS version, or hardware (such as installing new RAM).

Note also that Clover is not able to detect your RAM correctly. You should probably check in Windows to see if apps like CPU-Z can detect it correctly.

See, from your Clover bootlog:
Code:
0:100  0:000  === [ Get Smbios ] ========================================
0:100  0:000  Type 16 Index = 0
0:100  0:000  Total Memory Slots Count = 2
0:100  0:000  Type 17 Index = 0
0:100  0:000  Ignoring insane frequency value 0MHz
0:100  0:000  SmbiosTable.Type17->Speed = 0MHz
0:100  0:000  SmbiosTable.Type17->Size = 8192MB
0:100  0:000  SmbiosTable.Type17->Bank/Device = BANK 0 Bottom - Slot 1 (left)
0:100  0:000  SmbiosTable.Type17->Vendor = Corsair
0:100  0:000  SmbiosTable.Type17->SerialNumber = 00000000
0:100  0:000  SmbiosTable.Type17->PartNumber = CMSO8GX3M1C1600C11
0:100  0:000  Type 17 Index = 1
0:100  0:000  SmbiosTable.Type17->Speed = 1600MHz
0:100  0:000  SmbiosTable.Type17->Size = 8192MB
0:100  0:000  SmbiosTable.Type17->Bank/Device = BANK 2 Bottom - Slot 2 (right)
0:100  0:000  SmbiosTable.Type17->Vendor = Hynix/Hyundai
0:100  0:000  SmbiosTable.Type17->SerialNumber = 16518013
0:100  0:000  SmbiosTable.Type17->PartNumber = HMT41GS6BFR8A-PB
0:100  0:000  Boot status=0
0:100  0:000  Running on: 'HP 250 G5 Notebook PC' with board '81EF'

Mixing different RAM sticks is generally a bad idea. Best to have two matched RAM modules.

Note also that there are quite a few parameters you could try changing in AppleIntelBDWGraphics.kext/Contents/Info.plist.

Last edited:
You forgot to press F2 before collecting EFI/Clover.

You also attached an ioreg, which implies you can boot.
Yet you provide a KP image, which implies you cannot boot.
Why the contradiction?

Note: config.plist/SMBIOS/Trust=true is missing.
And config.plist/SMBIOS/Memory/Channels=0 is nonsense (for dual channel setup like you have should be 2, 0 is impossible/nonsense).

And you have patched ACPI files in ACPI/patched. Don't forget that you *must* re-extract/re-patch ACPI after changing any BIOS option, BIOS version, or hardware (such as installing new RAM).
I changed config.plist/Graphics/Inject Intel="True" to "False". That's how I got the IOReg. I will try with just the new RAM stick in a moment.

I will try with just the new RAM stick in a moment.

Make sure you re-extract/re-patch ACPI (or go back to no patched ACPI).
Don't forget to fix (or delete) config.plist/SMBIOS/Memory to reflect the new config.
And try in each slot (alternate empty).
config.plist/SMBIOS/Trust should probably be true.
Always check your preboot.log(press F2 in Clover, it is written to EFI/Clover/misc/preboot.log).

Check out all the settings that can be changed in the accelerator kext Info.plist.

Do careful and systematic experimentation.

Other:
- you could also try Clover legacy
- less software is better (don't install things you don't need: Astris.kext, FakeSMC sensors, VirtualBox, etc)
- OsxAptioFix instead of OsxAptioFix2
- eliminate unnecessary *.efi in drivers64UEFI

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back