Contribute
Register

Lenovo G500 10.9.1: Almost done, just a little bit of help needed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
can anybody help me I did everything according to the guide and i am able to boot osx , however the screen flickers constantly with artifacts . In about this mac it shows- Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 Mobile 1024 MB

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-05-11 at 3.28.22 AM 1.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-05-11 at 3.28.22 AM 1.jpg
    311.5 KB · Views: 204
  • Screen Shot 2014-05-11 at 3.28.15 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-05-11 at 3.28.15 AM.jpg
    430.6 KB · Views: 246
can anybody help me I did everything according to the guide and i am able to boot osx , however the screen flickers constantly with artifacts . In about this mac it shows- Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 Mobile 1024 MB

Post specs and ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature (pointer over your name in upper right - drop down menu select Settings and Edit Profile from options in left pane of Settings menu.)

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx). For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

System: Lenovo/G500
CPU: INTEL CORE i3-3110M @ 2.40 GHZ / HM76 Express
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000 + AMD RADEON HD 8570M (i keep it disabled from bios) @ 1366X768
8 GB DDR 3

Attachments

• OSX’s MacBook Pro.ioreg
    1.5 MB · Views: 115
  • glview-Intel HD Graphics 4000 OpenGL Engine.xml
    3.8 KB · Views: 274
  • MacBook Pro.zip
    199.2 KB · Views: 99
No difference i have tried that with both chimera and clover , the same graphics problem remains

No difference i have tried that with both chimera and clover , the same graphics problem remains

Tried what? Power management? If you 'tried it', you didn't do it correctly. Ioreg indicates several problems with power management.

tried this : Try setting resolution in the bootloader:
"Graphics Mode"=1366x768x32

so you are suggesting that the graphics flickering problem i described above is related to the power management or something else?

tried this : Try setting resolution in the bootloader:
"Graphics Mode"=1366x768x32

Not that the syntax shown is if you type it. In org.chameleon.Boot.plist looks like:
Code:
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1366x768x32</string>

so you are suggesting that the graphics flickering problem i described above is related to the power management or something else?

Could be. It could also be DSDT issue, EDID not being picked up correctly, problems with your install procedures (eg. too much substitution of patched kexts, etc), and a host of other things.

My motto: Do everything correctly before testing specifics.

I have the same problem

I have the same problem

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature (pointer over your name in upper right - drop down menu select Settings and Edit Profile from options in left pane of Settings menu.)

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx). For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back