Contribute
Register

Lenovo G500 10.9.1: Almost done, just a little bit of help needed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
A 45-minute long test seems to show InsomniaX works as expected. Battery also doesn't drain that much, barely got 3% down during that time. The reboot happens before it even gets the chance to show me the partitions to load, so I don't think it has anything to do with AICPM although I do have the patched one on /E/E. Also KernelPatcher Module enabled.

Patched AICPM in /E/E doesn't help (it is not guaranteed which one wins between /E/E and /S/L/E, depends a lot of the boot flags you're using). NullCPUPowerManagement there would.

But it could be something else. It depends on how faithful your configuration of Chameleon is to your Clover config.

Happy New Year!

I tried using Chimera and no reboots anywhere as far as I can see. Though there's some weird issue with the DSDT where not all of the patches seem to be enabled (such as the custom backlight one, though the PNLF brightness slider patch is enabled). Guess I should just wait until it's fixed on Clover. Is there any way to send bug reports to the dev?

Happy New Year!

I tried using Chimera and no reboots anywhere as far as I can see. Though there's some weird issue with the DSDT where not all of the patches seem to be enabled (such as the custom backlight one, though the PNLF brightness slider patch is enabled). Guess I should just wait until it's fixed on Clover. Is there any way to send bug reports to the dev?

You would have to know what the bug is. As with any software project, the devs must be able to reproduce the bug first or at least have a good guess about where the bug might be. I'm not sure your random reboot fits into that category, and I doubt the devs have the same machine as you do. I think it is likely config related, and not necessarily a Clover bug.

What is your current config.plist look like? There are certain Clover features I would shy away from...

I disabled all of them and I think it's actually fixed now. Only time will tell.
Tomorrow I'm getting the Wi-Fi+BT mini PCIe card so this hackintosh will be finished. Then the guide.

I disabled all of them and I think it's actually fixed now. Only time will tell.
Tomorrow I'm getting the Wi-Fi+BT mini PCIe card so this hackintosh will be finished. Then the guide.

Super!

It's actually this one, with an i3-3120: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CRXZUCQ/ but I'm pretty sure the one you linked is the same inside, just with a different CPU fitted in. Both have the same case design in the pictures, but there's another G500 sold under as the exact same model with a smoother-to-the-touch trackpad (apparently Elan) and a shiny screen bezel and palmrest that show every fingerprint. There might be no way to know which one you get, maybe…

I got another one with i3 3110m, Lenovo did different versions of this laptop.

However, a good guide, explaining step by step how to edit dsdt/ssdt would be reeeally appreciated rather than simply allowing to download dsdt and ssdt files, since there is so much confusion about this model. (But on the another side is quite cheap and osx friendly)

However good work guys, I m following you by days in different threads, moon and rehab sincerely thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back