Contribute
Register

Lenovo G50-80 on Sierra (Working confirmed)

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA B75M D3H rev 1.1
CPU
Intel Xeon E3 1230v2
Graphics
Zotac GTX 650 TI 1GB
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Android
I am quite busy but I want to share with you my upgrade from El Capitan to Sierra. Just a post to confirm you guys that we can still install the latest macOS to our great laptop. Last year, I posted a guide on how to install El Capitan on Lenovo G50-80 here. Please read it carefully. This year things seem to be a lot more challenging. Seirra has brought a lot of issues, and I have try my best to solves those one by one. Of course things are not yet perfect, but all the features in Sierra, especially, desktop syncs seem to be a fair enough deal.
What's working:
Everything except wifi (of course) and trackpad prefpane (which will definitely be fixed as soon as EMlyDinEsh release newer Elan Kext, now it can be fix temparorily with this fix here).
Issues:
Sometime if I leave your Hackintoshbook, it goes to sleep really well. Some other times it just freeze. The screen turn off and the lights on the numlock and caplocks are on, but I cant' wake it. I can only long press the power button, and turn the machine on again. This issues can be fix quite easy if you change sleep mode to 0 with this command

Code:
sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0
This command will change sleep mode in your Hackintoshbook to 0. Which means that it will only sleep to Ram not to Disk. Of course you can't hibernate it.

Another issue is the brightness control key now is the volume control keys. Press Fn+Vol+/Vol- => Increase/Decrease Volume. Press Shift+Vol+/Vol- => Increase/Decrease Brightness.

I don't have much time to write a comprehensive guide, so I give you the links to the EFI folder and the kexts that I used. The specs are still the same except now I have 8GB of ram :))). By the way, with the old config you can't access Display Prefpane so I follow the guide here, and fix it. Thanks marrioo for such a great fix.

EFI folders and kext are here

Happy hackintoshing!

Last edited:
Motherboard
lion
CPU
core duo
Graphics
geforce
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hello Sir,

thanks for your post.
I have a
Lenovo G50-80

too and I need your EFI folders and kext again.

Can you upload it to mega.nz or somewhere else.
do you have an updates guide?