Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo G50-80 (Clover)
CPU
i3 5005U/Broadwell-U ; Chipset=ID9CC5
Graphics
HD5500 1366x768
Hi,
I am trying to install sierra on a laptop for my friend.

Lenovo G50-80
CPU : i3 5005u
Ram : 4 GB
GPU : HD5500
HDD : 1 TB

I followed the clover guide provided here. I successfully installed sierra without any hassle. But the problem is I couldnt get the graphics to work. I am using the hd5500 config plist from rehabman's repo. I am not using any patched ssdt or dsdt. The broadwell framebuffer patch is already enabled in Rehabman's config file. And rebuilded cache as rehabman said in his guide. But I am still getting panic. I have to create custom ssdt for power management etc( which I am not so good at) . I hope someone can help me to fix GPU issue first. @RehabMan can you please help me with this? I already tried minstolen patch also. Both gave me KP. Here I am attaching a picture of KP. With an invalid ig-platform-id, i can boot without any issue other than graphics acceleration. View media item 189118

Hi,
I am trying to install sierra on a laptop for my friend.

Lenovo G50-80
CPU : i3 5005u
Ram : 4 GB
GPU : HD5500
HDD : 1 TB

I followed the clover guide provided here. I successfully installed sierra without any hassle. But the problem is I couldnt get the graphics to work. I am using the hd5500 config plist from rehabman's repo. I am not using any patched ssdt or dsdt. The broadwell framebuffer patch is already enabled in Rehabman's config file. And rebuilded cache as rehabman said in his guide. But I am still getting panic. I have to create custom ssdt for power management etc( which I am not so good at) . I hope someone can help me to fix GPU issue first. @RehabMan can you please help me with this? I already tried minstolen patch also. Both gave me KP. Here I am attaching a picture of KP. With an invalid ig-platform-id, i can boot without any issue other than graphics acceleration. View media item 189118

Not a desktop. Moved to laptop support.

Not a desktop. Moved to laptop support.

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.
Sorry for that. Now i updated my profile as you asked.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

Problem in detail ;
i followed the clover guide to install sierra in my friends laptop(specs in profile).
installed clover into HDD and replaced config.plist with Rehabmans plist for hd5500.
as the guide says dvmt patch is already enabled in his plist. but i am always getting a KP. screenshot included in #Post 1.
I also tried to disable alternate patch by Rehabman and enabling minstolen patch for 10.12.x. but this also giving me KP.
No custom DSDT or SSDT used.
tried two droptable options provided in the config.pist by @RehabMan an but out of luck.

Also I am attaching all the files asked in the problem reporting section in the provided guide.

Attachments

• CacheRebuild.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 64
  • EFI.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 97
  • IOReg-MacBookPro.zip
    409.8 KB · Views: 52
  • KextStat Outputs.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 66
  • PatchmaticExtract.zip
    33.2 KB · Views: 50
Sorry for that. Now i updated my profile as you asked.

Problem in detail ;
i followed the clover guide to install sierra in my friends laptop(specs in profile).
installed clover into HDD and replaced config.plist with Rehabmans plist for hd5500.
as the guide says dvmt patch is already enabled in his plist. but i am always getting a KP. screenshot included in #Post 1.
I also tried to disable alternate patch by Rehabman and enabling minstolen patch for 10.12.x. but this also giving me KP.
No custom DSDT or SSDT used.
tried two droptable options provided in the config.pist by @RehabMan an but out of luck.

Also I am attaching all the files asked in the problem reporting section in the provided guide.

From where did you download macOS?
On what hardware did you create your USB installer?

From where did you download macOS?
On what hardware did you create your USB installer?
I downloaded macOS 10.12.4 from app store. I have a hackintosh system. I used that to create usb installer. Does it really mater? I was totally unaware of that.

I downloaded macOS 10.12.4 from app store. I have a hackintosh system. I used that to create usb installer. Does it really mater? I was totally unaware of that.

Use 10.12.5 instead.

Ok. I will try today itself. But I have tried 10.12.3, 10.11.6 also with both alternate patch by @RehabMan and minStolenSize patch(by enabling patch for respective OS version). But no luck.

Ok. I will try today itself. But I have tried 10.12.3, 10.11.6 also with both alternate patch by @RehabMan and minStolenSize patch(by enabling patch for respective OS version). But no luck.

Luck is not relevant.
Following proper procedures is...

Luck is not relevant.
Following proper procedures is...
I agree. I followed the same procedure as described in the clover guide for 10.11.6, 10.12.3 and 10.12.4. but all gave me KP. I am now downloading 10.12.5 as you said. Will post the results by the end of the day. Hoping I can fix the issue with your help.

Use 10.12.5 instead.
I tried. still i am getting KP. @RehabMan could you identify where the problem lies from the attachments? i am totally noob when it comes to acpi. tried generating SSDT with ssdtPRGen.sh and used it ( 1-enabled the sortedOrder in config.plist .
2 - Placed SSDT.aml in /EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched) But it is also ended up with KP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back