Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
sucks sucks

Hi archintosh,

I also have a laptop with core i5-2410, but in my case it's a Toshiba Satellite R840. I followed the instructions from your post but the sleep function still does not work in my laptop.

I executed the following two commands,
sudo ./speedstepper /System/LIbrary/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement
sudo cp MacBookPro8_3.plist /System/LIbrary/Extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext/Contents/Resources

Then, I removed nullcpupwm.kext and sleepenabler.kext from /E/E and run kextwizard to update caches.

In my /E/E folders I still have the following kexts,
EvOreboot.kext FakeSMC.kext JMicron36xATA.kext JMicron36xSATA.kext

Should I remove some of them to enable sleep in my laptop? Should I edit my vanilla DSDT in order to enable sleep/wake?

Thanks in advance,
Tachyon

Yes, you need to edit and patch your DSDT.

archintosh said:
Lenovo G470 (Intel i5-2410m 2.3GHz+IntelHD3000)

-I installed Lion over my existing SL 10.6.8
-Before I ran Lion installation, I copied NullCPUPowerManagement.kext to Extra/
-I followed Tony's guide >> http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/07/ ... -lion.html
-Rebooted n' ran Lion installation
-Rebooted
-Ran speedstepper patch to fix Intel speedstepping n' to fix sleep/wake >> http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php ... =speedstep
-Deleted NullCPU from extra folder, rebuilt cache
-Rebooted
-Unleashed the Lion..

Update:
-I Moved all kexts from /E/E to /S/L/E to use 'UseKernelCache=Yes' feature
-Lion doesn't need 'AAPL,os-info code' for IntelHD3000 to work properly.

Works:
- Sleep/Wake (no NullCPU, using speedstepper patcher + DSDT)
- IntelHD3000, QE/CI+Native Res
- Conexant HD Audio Cx20590 via VoodooHDA 2.7.2 (IOPCIPrimaryMatch added in info.plist)
- Webcam (but got a brightness problem)
- Bluetooth (OOB)
- Atheros 9285 Wifi, recognized as Airport (Using DeviveMergeNub.kext on /S/L/E)
- Atheros LAN (AtherosL1cEthernet.kext on /S/L/E)
- Fn keys (via DSDT)

Not working:
- Internal Card Reader

Hi archintosh,

I tried the same way to install Lion and able to install it finally.

Couple of problems:
1) Audio - VoodooHDA v2.7.2 gives KP, see attached screenshot. So still with no sound.
2) Battery Icon in Menu Bar - Using VoodooBattery.kext (v1.3) - icon in the menu bar says "No Batteries Available". Was the same working for you?

Thanks

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    679.6 KB · Views: 2,563
@archintosh

After installing AppleHDADisabler and your VoodooBattery to S/L/E, I ran System Utilities from Multibeast v4.0.2 and getting error as shown in the attached screenshots

When rebooted, somehow sound is UP :clap:

But still no luck with battery, even its not appearing in menu now. Tried enabling it and its not working.

Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• AppleHDADisabler.tiff
    52 KB · Views: 2,283
  • VoodooBattery.tiff
    56.2 KB · Views: 2,326
Geezz..It's been a while, I forgot how to get that voodooBattery working :oops: . It seems you also have to use this AppleACPIPlatform AppleACPIPlatform.kext.zip

archintosh said:
Geezz..It's been a while, I forgot how to get that voodooBattery working :oops: . It seems you also have to use this AppleACPIPlatform AppleACPIPlatform.kext.zip

:headbang: Yay battery working now. Now needs to work on SLEEP function.

@archintosh
I don't have any MacBookPro8_1.plist (I have MBP8,1 smbios) to be copied under ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext. Should i go ahead and use the MacBookPro8_3.plist

Please post your AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext and IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext. I want to give a try with your kexts.

Thanks

Why don't you patch your AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement using speedstepper patch? Anyway, here I attached those kexts for you AppleIntelCPUPM+IOPlatformPF.zip

archintosh said:
Lenovo G470 (Intel i5-2410m 2.3GHz+IntelHD3000)

-I installed Lion over my existing SL 10.6.8
-Before I ran Lion installation, I copied NullCPUPowerManagement.kext to Extra/
-I followed Tony's guide >> http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/07/ ... -lion.html
-Rebooted n' ran Lion installation
-Rebooted
-Ran speedstepper patch to fix Intel speedstepping n' to fix sleep/wake >> viewtopic.php?f=79&t=21564&hilit=speedstep
-Deleted NullCPU from extra folder, rebuilt cache
-Rebooted
-Unleashed the Lion..

can you post your dsdt for lenovo g470 ??
Update:
-I Moved all kexts from /E/E to /S/L/E to use 'UseKernelCache=Yes' feature
-Lion doesn't need 'AAPL,os-info code' for IntelHD3000 to work properly.

Works:
- Sleep/Wake (no NullCPU, using speedstepper patcher + DSDT)
- IntelHD3000, QE/CI+Native Res
- Conexant HD Audio Cx20590 via VoodooHDA 2.7.2 (IOPCIPrimaryMatch added in info.plist)
- Webcam (but got a brightness problem)
- Bluetooth (OOB)
- Atheros 9285 Wifi, recognized as Airport (Using DeviveMergeNub.kext on /S/L/E)
- Atheros LAN (AtherosL1cEthernet.kext on /S/L/E)
- Fn keys (via DSDT)

Not working:
- Internal Card Reader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back