Contribute
Register

Lenovo G470

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been using your patched VoodooHDA for a while. It does enable autoswitching internal speaker-headhone jack, but with a catch: random kernel panic during startup. My rig usually boots normally after doing the push-and-hold-power-button rituals. The random panics gone after I deleted your kext. Guess for the moment I'll stick with the old OPTION-CLICK volume icon ;) A commendable effort, nevertheless.

PS.
How did you edit your DSDT to make sleep-wake up function normally? Following your advice, I managed to get rid of null and now use native powermanagement. Still no sleep though :yawn:

Edit:
Got your DSDT. Only one thing to say: OMG, you ROCK!!!!!

Updated into 10.7.3 from Lion 10.7.2:
1. Ran Multibeast to install nullcpu in SLE.
2. Ran Lion 10.7.3 combo update. I did not restart after finish running update.
3. Deleted AppleHDA.kext in SLE as I use VoodooHDA
4. Restarted system.
5. Ran Multibeast and chose the IntelSpeedStepper for 10.7.3 patch.
6. Deleted NullCPU from SLE.
7. Ran kext utility to build cache and fix permissions.
8. Restarted the system again and voila, I have Lion 10.7.3 with native AICPM.

My built-in wifi card does not work. It uses the infamous Broadcom 4313 chipset, not the Atheros like that of Archintosh's. It seems that at the moment nobody has the kext or any method to activate that device. My workaround is by using a cheap small USB dongle with a realtek chipset. So far, it works fine.

Glad to hear that kaprasetyo :thumbup:

I'm now testing new bootloader (Slice's) and so far it works just fine, no KP after wake from sleep and no screen artifacts. Once it is perfect I'll let you guys know.

Thanks archintosh and kaprasetyo!, I'm running OS X 10.7.3 with a USB WiFi card (because I also have the Broadcom chip, from which at least I can get Bluetooth working OOB) and it's working perfectly!.

I haven't had much problem with graphic glitches (veeeeery minor glitches from time to time), though I'm using the 'GraphicsEnabler=no' parameter with the latest Chameleon and the latest version of FakeSMC & Plugins. I'm comfortable with Chameleon, but has Clover proven to be better, archintosh?

I also had to disable the Bluetooth keyboard assistant so it wouldn't bother me every time I turned on the laptop.

Thanks for your work!

Glad to hear that! :thumbup:
Clover bootloader is still under development, still has many bugs on it. But once Slice perfects it up, I believe it will be a better bootloader.
At the moment, I found chameleon rev.1931 is the best one. They have fixed 'Power On Self Test' that had been diagnosed 'failed' and they have just released latest FakeSMC (4.2 rev.609).

See ya..and happy hackintoshing!!

sleep/wake problems

hi,

after installing 10.7.3 with unibeast I extracted my own dsdt. I applied patches from archintosh's dsdt one after another. I found that the powerbutton and the fn keys work without patches, except for the brightness where the patch is required. (Any way to remap the fn keys, by the way?)

Occasionally, I get a kernel panic early during boot.

Sleep/wake does still not work, I now ran the speedstepper patch and applied patches to the dsdt that looked like they could be involved. I also tried darkwake=0 and darkwake=1.
With darkwake=0 the system seems to go to sleep properly: the power button light blinks, the two right LEDs under the trackpad go off. Waking leads to a reboot.
I did not find anything useful in kernel.log.

How can I fix/how do your systems behave going to sleep/waking up?
Update: I applied some patches, I think the IRQs (or RTC?) patch fixed it :)

thanks!

edit: I'm also still confused about speedstepper: I ran the patch, deleted NullPower... should I now remove generate-p-states and c-states in chameleon? what can you see with MSRDumper (or how to check if it works)? I have not added a SSDT.aml so far...
Update: I extracted my SSDTs with aida64, use the extracted p-states but still don't know how to rewrite the _cst method (or if I need to do that) - I removed the chameleon entries, p-states seem to work.

help, i have a Lion 10.7.2 esd retail dvd but i can't get to the installer via iboot..
i've set the hdd to ACPI, but other options are not available on my bios..

new iboot gives me a panic: "Unable to find driver for this platform: \"ACPI\" ... etc
while on the legacy iboot it restarts itself miliseconds after mac logo appears..

mine g470:
i5-2450 2.5 ghz
4gigs of ram (installed another 4 gigs, totaling 8gb so it's a 64 bit pc)
HD3000 graphics with switchable radeon 6370 discrete..
h20 insyde bios

same thing happened to my old SL 10.6.3 retail dvd.. and i had no mac nearby..
any advice?

Just upgraded into 10.7.4. I put a copy of nullcpu in SLE, upgraded using combo update, deleted applehda.kext, fixed permission and rebuilt cache, and restarted the system. Seems OK so far, but got no sleep. Still waiting for the latest multibeast to patch 10.7.4 AICPM.

I found this patched AICPM. From what I read, 10.7.3 speedstepper patch from insanelymac can be used to patch 10.7.4 AICPM also but I was so lazy to do it myself.
Here I attached patched kexts (10.7.4 AICPM and IO80211 for atheros wifi), remember to rebuild cache afterward.
Patched 10.7.4 kexts.zip

archintosh said:
I found this patched AICPM. From what I read, 10.7.3 speedstepper patch from insanelymac_ can be used to patch 10.7.4 AICPM also but I was so lazy to do it myself.
Here I attached patched kexts (10.7.4 AICPM and IO80211 for atheros wifi), remember to rebuild cache afterward.
Patched 10.7.4 kexts.zip

Fantastic, I'll download it right away and try as soon as I have a chance. Thanks a million.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back