Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey ya'll,

Figured I'd do a writeup of installing ML 10.8.2 on my Lenovo G470 just so people know I'm another resource. This is a list of issues that I ran into an how I solved them, with the goal of helping other people. For some reason, and I don't know how or why, closing the lid works with sleep - it just takes about 5-6 seconds (same time as a normal sleep). Sweet!

First off, I used Archintosh's DSDT to get everything working. ntiangcomd also has a useful thread.

Not working:
-card reader
-internal mic (listed, but doesn't pick up sound. gain not high enough?)

Working: Everything else.

Setup:
Lenovo G470
Intel Sandy Bridge i5 2450M @ 2.5 Ghz
8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Intel HD 3000 (512 MB)
750 GB HD
Mountain Lion 10.8.2

Setup process:
-Standard Unibeast install
(Note: I had issues here with the USB drive. I tried a 8.0 GB old flash drive, and it didn't work. I borrowed a Kensington 16 GB DataTraveler from a friend and it worked great)

-Used nullcpu for the time being, then upgraded to 10.8.2. Said update failed, but About This Mac says 10.8.2 and I have Facebook notifications (I used combo update, not app store - which is why app store still says 10.8.2 update available, along with MacBook Pro 8,1 Firmware. Not gonna upgrade that.... ;) )

After that, I added all of the stuff listed below.

-Speedstep:
I spent a lot of time on this. Multibeast's version of AICPM (which is short of Apple Intel CPU Power Management!) wasn't working, so I patched my own. To do this, I installed a 10.7.2 on an external drive and ran the patcher. I know that's intense, so I've attached my version - compatible with 10.8, 10.8.2, and 10.7.2. I have tested and confirmed on those OSes. I used the SSDT graciously provided by RehabMan. His installation instructions were what pieced it together for me:

FYI, there is a few other things that need to line up for SSDTs to work:

• - patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext (or certain BIOS), no NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
  • - Scope (\PR) section in SSDT with Processor declarations
  • - GenerateCStates=No, GeneratePStates=No in org.chameleon.Boot.plist
  • - sometimes, DropSSDT=Yes in org.chameleon.Boot.plist is required (never hurts)
  • - proper System Profile (MacMini5,1 or MacBookPro8,2 for Sandy Bridge chips)

Finally, these are the KEXTs I'm using:
  • AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext (gets VGA working)
  • AppleHDA.kext (audio with archintosh's AppleHDA DSDT)
  • FakeSMC
  • IntelCPUMonitor
  • AppleACPIBatteryManager
  • AppleSmartBatteryManager
  • AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement (v. 167, from 10.7.2, patched)
  • VoodooPS2Controller from Rehabman (trackpad! native support - allowed me to check "ignore accidental input"/multitouch)

Other notes:
I used Chameleon Wizard to change the SMBios of my machine. This allows Messages and iChat to work, since you need to generate a random serial number. Apple keeps track of these! I received an email that said "Your Messages account was signed onto a MacBook Pro 13". " I have used several serial numbers, though, and that hasn't been an issue (in trying to get speedstepping working, I changed system definitions).

I installed NTFS tools to get my PC partition working. Awww yeah. Turns out you can't share an iTunes library between PC and Mac... locations are stored as /user/Music/iTunes/, not /Volumes/Mac Hd/user/music...

Battery works and lasts for about 3.5 hours tooling around in class. SpeedStep increased that from 2.0 - 2.5 to 3. Just what I need it for. Windows seems to be a few minutes longer, but I think that's because it is less likely to kick up the fans.

One last note: Archintosh mentioned that to get keyboard brightness working, to add a hunk of text to his DSDT code. Any idea where to put that?

View attachment AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext.zip

Motherboard
windows 7
CPU
intel core i5
Graphics
intel hd graphics 3000
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hi Persondude

As i said in other post i installed Mountain Lion with unibeast and it is ok, but i dont know what to do after that.

I used multibeast with differents DSDT and it doesnt works. It always stucks.
I dont know which DSDT of Archintosh should i use

Here http://www.tonymacx86.com/lion-laptop-support/23201-lenovo-g470.html i found an archive called "january2012.zip" it has Kexts+DSDTs (Jan 13, 2012) - LION 10.7.2 ONLY
But it says LION 10.7.2 ONLY

This DSDT and KExts works to Mountain Lion? I need to use which DSDT, There are two differents in the zip:
DSDT for patched AppleHDA - :E:E
and
DSDT for voodooHDA - :E:E

Should i use that DSDT with multibeast?

Thanks for your help.

Motherboard
windows 7
CPU
intel core i5
Graphics
intel hd graphics 3000
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I will try with AppleHDA DSDT and i tell you if it works.

Motherboard
ML
CPU
i5 3330
Graphics
palit gtx650 1Gb
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Need help guys. Thanks. IMAG0722.jpgIMAG0724.jpg