Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Lenovo Essential G470 (59-066925) [2016]

lenovo-g470-59-066925-core-i3-2nd-gen-2-gb-500-gb-dos-59885-large-1.jpg

BIOS 40CN33WW V2.19
BOARD 3000472301929
CPU Intel i3-2310M
VGA Intel HD 3000 (8086 0116)
AUDIO Intel HDAC / Conexant CX20590 (8086 1C20)
WIFI Ralink RT3090 (1814 3090)
LAN Qualcomm Atheros AR8152 v2.0 (1969 2062)

DSDT extracted from MacOS 10.11.6 (El Capitan / Hackintosh) with Clover (F4 option at boot)

-----

I'm also including all files I think might help, including:

DSDT_SSDT_RAW_CLOVER_F4.zip:
RAW ACPI Tables from Clover (extracted using F4 key at boot) (Raw/Unedited files);

DSDT_SSDT_MOD_OSX86.zip:
DSDT/SSDT I found at another site made by another user, same notebook.
Battery percentage works fine;
Speedstep might be working as well (not sure how to verify this);
Screen brightness works partially (shortcut keys on keyboard (fn+Up/Down) don't work and doesn't remember last position after reboot;
Audio out works (speakers/phone jack), audio inputs don't (on-board mic / mic-in jack);
Card reader doesn't work;
Bluetooth/WiFi both don't work;
Sleep doesn't work. As soon as I close the lid or manually force it, the laptops wakes up instantly after that;

LenovoG470_IOReg.zip:
IOReg extracted using the IORegistryExplorer-SLRID_v10.6.3 app;

LenovoG470_SystemInformation.zip:
System Information Log/Report generated from the System Information app;

LenovoG470.acpi.zip:
Complete ACPI dump in a single file (made with DPCI Manager) (Compatible with MaciASL)

config.plist:
Clover config.plist file (RehabMan's config_HD3000_1366x768.plist file from his GitHub repository)

--

I'm trying to address the issues present in DSDT_SSDT_MOD_OSX86.
Can anyone help me with this?

P.S:
I've read a few of the threads here about similar versions of this laptop. However, I couldn't make it work with the DSDT posted in them.
And those threads are really old now (from circa 2012) and are mostly intended for Lion/Mountain Lion which, believe I, was the current release back in the day.
I'm running El Capitan 10.11.6, using Clover and the only issues with it are the ones I described above.

Attachments

• DSDT_SSDT_RAW_CLOVER_F4.zip
    23.7 KB · Views: 264
  • DSDT_SSDT_MOD_OSX86.zip
    17.9 KB · Views: 250
  • LenovoG470_IOReg.zip
    354 KB · Views: 260
  • LenovoG470_SystemInformation.zip
    245.1 KB · Views: 253
  • LenovoG470.acpi.zip
    19.3 KB · Views: 315
Bump.

Mr. RehabMan, are you there? :D

Lenovo Essential G470 (59-066925) [2016]

lenovo-g470-59-066925-core-i3-2nd-gen-2-gb-500-gb-dos-59885-large-1.jpg

BIOS 40CN33WW V2.19
BOARD 3000472301929
CPU Intel i3-2310M
VGA Intel HD 3000 (8086 0116)
AUDIO Intel HDAC / Conexant CX20590 (8086 1C20)
WIFI Ralink RT3090 (1814 3090)
LAN Qualcomm Atheros AR8152 v2.0 (1969 2062)

DSDT extracted from MacOS 10.11.6 (El Capitan / Hackintosh) with Clover (F4 option at boot)

-----

I'm also including all files I think might help, including:

DSDT_SSDT_RAW_CLOVER_F4.zip:
RAW ACPI Tables from Clover (extracted using F4 key at boot) (Raw/Unedited files);

DSDT_SSDT_MOD_OSX86.zip:
DSDT/SSDT I found at another site made by another user, same notebook.
Battery percentage works fine;
Speedstep might be working as well (not sure how to verify this);
Screen brightness works partially (shortcut keys on keyboard (fn+Up/Down) don't work and doesn't remember last position after reboot;
Audio out works (speakers/phone jack), audio inputs don't (on-board mic / mic-in jack);
Card reader doesn't work;
Bluetooth/WiFi both don't work;
Sleep doesn't work. As soon as I close the lid or manually force it, the laptops wakes up instantly after that;

LenovoG470_IOReg.zip:
IOReg extracted using the IORegistryExplorer-SLRID_v10.6.3 app;

LenovoG470_SystemInformation.zip:
System Information Log/Report generated from the System Information app;

LenovoG470.acpi.zip:
Complete ACPI dump in a single file (made with DPCI Manager) (Compatible with MaciASL)

config.plist:
Clover config.plist file (RehabMan's config_HD3000_1366x768.plist file from his GitHub repository)

--

I'm trying to address the issues present in DSDT_SSDT_MOD_OSX86.
Can anyone help me with this?

P.S:
I've read a few of the threads here about similar versions of this laptop. However, I couldn't make it work with the DSDT posted in them.
And those threads are really old now (from circa 2012) and are mostly intended for Lion/Mountain Lion which, believe I, was the current release back in the day.
I'm running El Capitan 10.11.6, using Clover and the only issues with it are the ones I described above.

Not a desktop. Moved to laptop support.

What is the issue?

Not a desktop. Moved to laptop support.

What is the issue?

So far, I've used the modded DSDT/SSDT I attached to my original post.

It has almost everything working as it should, except for a few quirks:

1. - No matter what I set the brightness slider to, it always comes back at max after reboots;
  2. - Sleep still doesn't work;
  3. - Keyboard shortcuts using the Fn Key don't work for setting the brightness either (they do for the volume and a few other functions, though);
  4. - Mic In doesn't work and the internal mic can only capture anything if you hit the chassis (hard!) otherwise, not even screams;
  5. - Finally, WiFi doesn't work. Completely.

I haven't tried to edit the raw DSDTs/SSDTs myself because I simply don't understand anything about ACPI/AMI/ASM programming.

If you believe it's possible for a beginner in programming to learn how to do it, please, tell me what I have to study/read in order to grasp at least the basics set of skills that will allow me to do this.

Thanks in advance!
Really appreciate what you all are doing here and for the Hackintosh community.

So far, I've used the modded DSDT/SSDT I attached to my original post.

It has almost everything working as it should, except for a few quirks:

1. - No matter what I set the brightness slider to, it always comes back at max after reboots;
  2. - Sleep still doesn't work;
  3. - Keyboard shortcuts using the Fn Key don't work for setting the brightness either (they do for the volume and a few other functions, though);
  4. - Mic In doesn't work and the internal mic can only capture anything if you hit the chassis (hard!) otherwise, not even screams;
  5. - Finally, WiFi doesn't work. Completely.

I haven't tried to edit the raw DSDTs/SSDTs myself because I simply don't understand anything about ACPI/AMI/ASM programming.

If you believe it's possible for a beginner in programming to learn how to do it, please, tell me what I have to study/read in order to grasp at least the basics set of skills that will allow me to do this.

Thanks in advance!
Really appreciate what you all are doing here and for the Hackintosh community.

1. NVRAM problem. If you're using EmuVariableUefi-64.efi, don't forget to install "RC scripts".
2. make sure power management and ACPI is patched correctly.
3. follow backlight guide (keep in mind combo jacks are tricky)
4. patched AppleHDA is covered in the FAQ
5. requires compatible hardware. Read the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-native-power-management-for-laptops.175801/

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-dsdt-ssdt-for-laptop-backlight-control.152659/

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back