Graphics
GTX 840m
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
A while ago I managed to install El Capitan on my Lenovo edge 15. I got the keyboard and trackpad working and even the touch screen I think. However, while trying to get the wifi to work, i accidentally deleted a file names EFI (I think). My laptop wouldn't boot after that so i had to do the lenovo back up thing to restore my pc. Unfortunately it restored my laptop back to the day I got it so I had my background picture, windows 8 instead of 10, and none of my personal files. Anyway I was wondering if there was a way to get wifi to work without going through all of that again. I also should note that I aim to dual boot this laptop.

Intel core i7 5500U @ 2.4GHz
Nvidia 840m

A while ago I managed to install El Capitan on my Lenovo edge 15. I got the keyboard and trackpad working and even the touch screen I think. However, while trying to get the wifi to work, i accidentally deleted a file names EFI (I think). My laptop wouldn't boot after that so i had to do the lenovo back up thing to restore my pc. Unfortunately it restored my laptop back to the day I got it so I had my background picture, windows 8 instead of 10, and none of my personal files. Anyway I was wondering if there was a way to get wifi to work without going through all of that again.

Intel core i7 5500U @ 2.4GHz
Nvidia 840m

Not a desktop. Moved to laptop support.

WiFi is covered in the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back