Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi Guys,

has anyone had any success with the Lenovo E330 (Version NZSALGE)?
As far as I've seen, it should be compatible, as there are quite a few kext packs and DSDT files for it on the web.

I've enabled AHCI, disabled USB 3.0 and tried to boot my install media with various bootloaders from chameleon to clover and chimera (the latter via Unibeast).

In all cases, my result:
The system reboots after loading all the kexts.

Specs:
i3-3110M, HD4000 Graphics, Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 2230 (I'm aware this won't work), 8 GB RAM

What I tried:
npci=0x2000, npci=0x3000, -f -v -x, GraphicsEnabler=no, CPUS=1, different SMBIOS identifiers, DSDT files reported as working for the machine, deleting AppleIntelHD* Kexts, not deleting AppleIntelHD* Kexts. Building the install usb with notebook options and without. Different USB Ports.

Any ideas? :)

I don't know if it will help, but it is cpus=1, not CPUS=1 (these options are case sensitive).

Hey RebabMan,
thx for the hint, indeed it is case sensitive.
I tried a couple different boot flags in all kinds of combinations today, unfortunately to no avail. I also disabled all internal peripheral hardware via the BIOS to see if that might change something, also to no avail.

I cannot even boot the machine into single user mode, as it instantly reboots (while verbose). Very strange.

Hey RebabMan,
thx for the hint, indeed it is case sensitive.
I tried a couple different boot flags in all kinds of combinations today, unfortunately to no avail. I also disabled all internal peripheral hardware via the BIOS to see if that might change something, also to no avail.

I cannot even boot the machine into single user mode, as it instantly reboots (while verbose). Very strange.

I think that instant reboot indicates a problem very early in kernel initialization. It is difficult to debug/resolve. I had a Haswell Lenovo U330 for a few days, before 10.8.5, and had the same issue. I never did figure it out and ended up returning the laptop as there was other things I didn't like about it (ended up buying a MacBookAir).

I feel like a total noob, it was a BIOS-option for secure memory. By default, it is enabled. And it should be.

Somehow I remembered incorrectly that it should be disabled for hackintosh purposes at all times, which causes the instant reboot after loading the kexts. :D

Did you eventually manage to get OSX running properly on the E330 in the end Weishauptus?

Not properly, but it ran enough for a quick test. Decided to use Windows 8 for the battery life after all, which was abysmal despite working power management. Also random kernel panics despite using a very basic setup. If you're thinking of trying the E330, be aware that the wifi card will have to be swapped for a compatible one. There is a DSDT somewhere on the web that got most things working though. At the end of the day, I guess its mostly better to just invest in a MacBook. ;)

Cheers Weishauptus, appreciate the reply :)

Yeah new Macbook would be nice, but my 2008 Macbook Pro died recently and slightly put off my the awful support from Apple when inquiring about repairing it (basically "just buy a new one...").

And also the ideal 8GB/256GB Macbook Pro config is £1249, and not sure want a laptop that costs that much if taking it out for dj'ing...

Might have to be Ideapad U310 instead then, just a shame it looks lower build quality & design to the E330.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back