Contribute
Register

Lenovo B590 Mavericks

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is just a bug in OS X that doesn't affect any Apple computers. Bugs never surprise me...

Audio: Best result with patched AppleHDA. Google 'patch AppleHDA guide'. Search for suitable AppleHDA or patch it yourself. Apply appropriate DSDT patches.

DSDT patches you need for AppleHDA: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch
Apply: "Audio Layout 12" (change layout-id from 12 to the layout-id used by the patched AppleHDA)
Apply: "IRQ Fix"

I got the codec dump from Ubuntu and the verbs from Win 8.1. I read the stock DSDT and applied a couple of basic patches to get the DSL to compile to AML. Could you help me patch AppleHDA.kext?

Thanks

View attachment Lenovo B590 Model 20208.zip

I think I was able to get the power management working.

I am still stuck on the audio part. Had to remove a patched AppleHDA.kext because it was crashing on boot.

Updated files:
View attachment 93964

You should search for an existing AppleHDA for ALC269VC. It is fairly common. Hopefully you can find one that works.

You should search for an existing AppleHDA for ALC269VC. It is fairly common. Hopefully you can find one that works.

I tried two or three that I found, but none would work. One of them crashed my laptop, the other two wouldn't do anything at all. After spending four hours yesterday trying to get it working, I gave up. My wife and kids were not happy so I had to call it quits.

Reading the tutorials, it seems to me that patching AppleHDA would take only a couple of minutes for an experienced patcher once the codec dump, verbs and ioreg are collected. Unfortunately the learning curve is pretty steep, so meanwhile I am using Logitech USB headsets to get audio.

I tried two or three that I found, but none would work. One of them crashed my laptop, the other two wouldn't do anything at all. After spending four hours yesterday trying to get it working, I gave up. My wife and kids were not happy so I had to call it quits.

Reading the tutorials, it seems to me that patching AppleHDA would take only a couple of minutes for an experienced patcher once the codec dump, verbs and ioreg are collected. Unfortunately the learning curve is pretty steep, so meanwhile I am using Logitech USB headsets to get audio.

You will want to verify you have the correct DSDT patches in place when testing the various AppleHDA you find. Are you certain you've done it correctly?

You will want to verify you have the correct DSDT patches in place when testing the various AppleHDA you find. Are you certain you've done it correctly?

I am certain that I have not done it correctly. I'm not willing to spend more time on this issue. Will probably be wiping OSX anyways. For my particular use I don't see any advantage in using OSX over a Windows/Ubuntu dual boot. I like the aesthetics but that's not enough to invest a lot of time relearning how to ride a bike again.

Thanks for all the support you've given me.

Regards
Axel

I am certain that I have not done it correctly. I'm not willing to spend more time on this issue. Will probably be wiping OSX anyways. For my particular use I don't see any advantage in using OSX over a Windows/Ubuntu dual boot. I like the aesthetics but that's not enough to invest a lot of time relearning how to ride a bike again.

Thanks for all the support you've given me.

Regards
Axel

No worries. It is not for everybody -- mostly a silly task for those who like solving puzzles...

No worries. It is not for everybody -- mostly a silly task for those who like solving puzzles...

I do like puzzles but usually the prize is larger than this. Usually get paid to do this kind of stuff.

I do like puzzles but usually the prize is larger than this. Usually get paid to do this kind of stuff.

No prize for puzzles. Put it together only to tear it down and place all the pieces back in the box :)

Hello,

I have the same laptop i get this error [AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB failed]:
DnSOmB7.jpg

I created uefi usb using unibeast El Capitan. I installed macOS without any problem on my desktop pc.
CPU: Intel Celeron B830
Ram: 8gb
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back