Graphics
HD7950
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey everyone,

I have a laptop at work which I'm attempting to Install MacOS Sierra (10.12.1), just for a bit of fun and to see if I can get it working.

It has an Intel Core i3-2348M with HD3000 Graphics.

So far I've found I can boot to the installer and setup with -v dart=0 GraphicsEnabler=Yes.

But after that, it takes -x -v dart=0 GraphicsEnabler=Yes to get to the desktop. Without -x it just reboots.

I've used the SMBIOS of a MacBook Pro 8,1.

Before getting to the desktop I see 'SNB Framebuffer did not show up, unload'. But waiting another 30 seconds and I reach the desktop with -x.

I've tried the past few days now with patched IntelFramebufferCapri, IntelFramebufferSNB, Mixtures of Config.plists, injecting EDID's, injecting IGPlatformID (01660003) - but I haven't reached the outcome of full QE/CI.

If someone has some pointers feel free to suggest them.

Cheers everyone!

[Extra info]
Laptop: Lenovo B590
CPU: Intel Core i3-2348M
RAM: 8GB DDR3
GPU: HD3000
Clover: R3948

Hey everyone,

I have a laptop at work which I'm attempting to Install MacOS Sierra (10.12.1), just for a bit of fun and to see if I can get it working.

So far I've found I can boot to the installer and setup with -v dart=0 GraphicsEnabler=Yes.

But after that, it takes -x -v dart=0 GraphicsEnabler=Yes to get to the desktop. Without -x it just reboots.

Before getting to the desktop I see 'SNB Framebuffer did not show up, unload'. But waiting another 30 seconds and I reach the desktop with -x.

I've tried the past few days now with patched IntelFramebufferCapri, IntelFramebufferSNB, Mixtures of Config.plists, injecting EDID's, injecting IGPlatformID (01660003) - but I haven't reached the outcome of full QE/CI.

Cheers everyone!

[Extra info]
GraphicsEnabler doesn't work on clover. you can get a config.plist that should sort out your hd3000 from this post: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/ its also a good read about other bits you may need as well :)

Thanks for the reply.

I've decided to start from scratch using the config.plist from your attache guide.

I managed to get to the installer just fine, but after rebooting I'm stuck in verbose mode. 'utun_start: ifnet_disable_output returned error 12'. A few lines prior to this is

'Kext com.apple.driver.AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB start failed (result 0xdc00400a).'
'Kext com.apple.driver.AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB failed to load (0xdc008017).'
'Failed to load kext com.apple.driver.AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB (error 0xdc008017).

I feel that is the reason I'm not met with the setup screen.

Any ideas?

Jack

Hey everyone,

Cheers everyone!

[Extra info]

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

SOLVED

I got it working using this:

The 7 series HD3000 config.plist by RehabMan - Link
The Intel HD3k Intel Framebuffer patch by toleda - Link

Cheers for the input,

Jack

Thanks for the response, by using the fake id of 0x01660003 I'm able to reach the desktop, but without any graphics acceleration.

I've used your config.plist for HD3000 1366x768 from your github.

Cheers

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
("Personal Details" link from "profile menu" in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back