Contribute
Register

Lenovo B590 Brightness Slider Not Working (not working in general)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo ThinkPad W520
CPU
i7-2760QM
Graphics
HD 3000 (disabled) + Quadro 1000M
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello.

I have installed macOS Sierra 10.12.5 onto my Lenovo B590, however, brightness isn't working. I've installed both ACPIBacklight.kext and IntelBacklight.kext.

I would say I patched the DSDT, however there weren't any errors at all from extracting it (I did it through F4 in Clover)
I also did apply the brightness patch and installed the DSDT.aml to /EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched

Any help would be appreciated.

Specs:

Model: Lenovo B590
CPU: Intel Core i3 3110m 2.3GHz
GPU: Intel HD 4000 (fixed artifacting by editing framebuffer kext)
RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz 2x4GB
HDD: 500GB Seagate (if I get macOS working properly, will clone it to SSD)
Screen res: 1366x768_60.00 15.6"
WiFi: BCM94322HM8L (removed the WiFi whitelist via BIOS modding)

What's working:

Trackpad + Keyboard - via VoodooPS2Controller.kext
Sleep - seems to work natively
USB2.0 - native
USB3.0 - native
WiFi - ToledaARPT.kext
UEFI - Via Clover
Battery - DSDT + ACPIBatteryManager.kext
Graphics - first it had artifacting. Managed to fix via editing AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext
WiFi - ToledaARPT.kext (also a modded BIOS to remove WiFi whitelist)

Hello.

I have installed macOS Sierra 10.12.5 onto my Lenovo B590, however, brightness isn't working. I've installed both ACPIBacklight.kext and IntelBacklight.kext.

I would say I patched the DSDT, however there weren't any errors at all from extracting it (I did it through F4 in Clover)
I also did apply the brightness patch and installed the DSDT.aml to /EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched

Any help would be appreciated.

Specs:

Model: Lenovo B590
CPU: Intel Core i3 3110m 2.3GHz
RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz 2x4GB
HDD: 500GB Seagate (if I get macOS working properly, will clone it to SSD)
Screen res: 1366x768_60.00 15.6"
WiFi: BCM94322HM8L (removed the WiFi whitelist via BIOS modding)

What's working:

Trackpad + Keyboard - via VoodooPS2Controller.kext
Sleep - seems to work natively
USB2.0 - native
USB3.0 - native
WiFi - ToledaARPT.kext
UEFI - Via Clover
Battery - DSDT + ACPIBatteryManager.kext
Graphics - first it had artifacting. Managed to fix via editing AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext
WiFi - ToledaARPT.kext (also a modded BIOS to remove WiFi whitelist)

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...rol-using-applebacklightinjector-kext.218222/

Hmm. I did everything as instructed. Generated the SSDT-PNLF.aml etc, installed the kext and added patch to config.plist. While it detects that my display is a laptop display, I still don't see the brightness slider (nor does it work)

When using IntelBacklight.kext (I removed this kext before doing any of this) - I can use the slider but no brightness change. At the time of testing IntelBacklight.kext, I did also check AddPNLF. Not sure what the issue is.

Hmm. I did everything as instructed. Generated the SSDT-PNLF.aml etc, installed the kext and added patch to config.plist. While it detects that my display is a laptop display, I still don't see the brightness slider (nor does it work)

When using IntelBacklight.kext (I removed this kext before doing any of this) - I can use the slider but no brightness change. At the time of testing IntelBacklight.kext, I did also check AddPNLF. Not sure what the issue is.
Upload your "problem reporting" files here

List of files required can be found here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Hi!

I have the same laptop, but cannot pass/fix this artifacting problem. Could you provide more information about framebuffer kext?

Fixed artifacts with BIOS mod and DVMT Pre-Allocated set to 64 MB.
Happy for now, but there are a lot to work on :)
Hello.

Sorry I wasn't able to offer help with the artifacting issue.

So you set it to 64mb? That's odd because I had to set it to 8mb for the artifacts to go away.

Still, glad you got it working!

I don't have the B590 anymore because I preferred my HP Probook.

I should mention another thing, The B590 has a wireless card whitelist and there's no wireless card that's supported in macOS that in the B590 whitelist. I had to request a BIOS mod from https://www.bios-mods.com to remove the whitelist. I got a modded BIOS the next day.

Enjoy your hack!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back