Contribute
Register

Lenovo A700 IdeaCentre - Touchscreen support?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo IdeaCentre A700
CPU
i7 > Need full model > See Rules!
Graphics
HD 5650
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi All,

I spent a lot of time over the weekend reading threads and downloading files and got my Lenovo A700 up and running rather quickly. The only thing that I can't get recognized is the TouchScreen. I seen a lot of various posts but nothing solid as far as getting this to work. I installed Yosemite using UniBeast but maybe wiping that out and installing UniBeast El Capitan? Not sure why I went with Yosemite. Force of habit I guess!

The A700 Specs are
Intel i7 1.73 Ghz Quad Core
8 GB Ram
All-in-one Monitor, etc.

Any help would be awesome!

Thanks,

-Matt

Apple has yet to produce a touch screen Macintosh, iMac or MacBook computer system. So, Apple's OS X has no support for touch screens.

RehabMan wrote a guide a while back for getting Yosemite working on a Lenovo U330/U430/U530, including the touch screen (I believe he actually wrote a kext for it). It's possible the same driver might work on an A700 (disclaimer: I don't know anything about Lenovo's product line, so as far as I know we may be talking about a completely different class of computer). At the very least it might give you some ideas: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/g...330-u430-u530-using-clover-uefi-10-11.168614/.

I've also heard about a touchscreen driver that works with multiple models of touchscreen monitors from a company called Touch Base: www.touch-base.com. Perhaps it might work with the Lenovo A700 (it claims to work with other Lenovo models).

Last edited:
RehabMan wrote a guide a while back for getting Yosemite working on a Lenovo U330/U430/U530, including the touch screen (I believe he actually wrote a kext for it). It's possible the same driver might work on an A700 (disclaimer: I don't know anything about Lenovo's product line, so as far as I know we may be talking about a completely different class of computer). At the very least it might give you some ideas: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/g...330-u430-u530-using-clover-uefi-10-11.168614/.

I've also heard about a touchscreen driver that works with multiple models of touchscreen monitors from a company called Touch Base: www.touch-base.com. Perhaps it might work with the Lenovo A700 (it claims to work with other Lenovo models).

Thanks for the reply. I was reading about TouchBase. I believe it's got a license cost. I'll check that thread out. I think I was in there before.

I realize the Mac doesn't have native TouchScreen support but of course I'm running on a Lenovo which I know works with Ubuntu. So there are definitely Linux drivers. Also I'm running Windows 10 inside Fusion on this machine and if I had installed Win 10 natively I know the TouchScreen would have worked (granted it's a different OS). I'm assume the Windows 10 in Fusion doesn't work with TouchScreen because OSX underneath it doesn't have a driver. I thought maybe it would have recognized it as a passthrough though.

-Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back