CPU
i3 8130U
Graphics
Intel UHD Graphics 620
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I bought the Lenovo 330S due to the need for a portable build and the many people who have recommended this model. And while certain youtube videos even gave links to the i3 model... I suspect they all actually used the i5 model. That said.

I have the Lenovo 330S-15 i3-8130
4GB soldered RAM + 4GB expansion RAM
512GB TeamGroup SSD (yes it is cheap, I don't need a fast drive with this one)
Intel UHD 620 Graphics

I have followed rehabmans general laptop build guide, and supplemented with dareposte's guide and files.
I used a sandisk glide 16GB USB
I formatted GPT
I used a current Catalina build to create the USB
SIP is disabled
I downloaded Clover 4920 as that is the version that was confirmed working by dareposte
I copied the drivers and kexts from dareposte
But I used Clover Configurator to inject new SN's and update the amount of RAM.
I have rebuilt this flash drive over a dozen times now.
Initially I was using Clover 5205 and got random freezes on loading.
For the past day, no matter what changes I make I get a Panic crash.
Please note... I have NEVER made it to the point of installing OSX
I literally got so frustrated at this not working that I went and did a clean install of Windows to prove to myself that the computer actually works (it does)
Now... please try and figure this one out.... I used the same flash drive that was crashing with a panic error... wiped it... made a windows installer on it.... installed windows... wiped it again... re-followed all the steps to make a Catalina installer.... and when I tried to boot... it immediately told me that the system (which had rebooted several times by now) had rebooted from a Panic error. How???? I manually wiped even the EFI on both the USB and the internal drive.

Needless to say... I need help and will upload whatever files or info I can that will help someone else help me.
Thank you
panic.jpg

I bought the Lenovo 330S due to the need for a portable build and the many people who have recommended this model. And while certain youtube videos even gave links to the i3 model... I suspect they all actually used the i5 model. That said.

I have the Lenovo 330S-15 i3-8130
4GB soldered RAM + 4GB expansion RAM
512GB TeamGroup SSD (yes it is cheap, I don't need a fast drive with this one)
Intel UHD 620 Graphics

I have followed rehabmans general laptop build guide, and supplemented with dareposte's guide and files.
I used a sandisk glide 16GB USB
I formatted GPT
I used a current Catalina build to create the USB
SIP is disabled
I downloaded Clover 4920 as that is the version that was confirmed working by dareposte
I copied the drivers and kexts from dareposte
But I used Clover Configurator to inject new SN's and update the amount of RAM.
I have rebuilt this flash drive over a dozen times now.
Initially I was using Clover 5205 and got random freezes on loading.
For the past day, no matter what changes I make I get a Panic crash.
Please note... I have NEVER made it to the point of installing OSX
I literally got so frustrated at this not working that I went and did a clean install of Windows to prove to myself that the computer actually works (it does)
Now... please try and figure this one out.... I used the same flash drive that was crashing with a panic error... wiped it... made a windows installer on it.... installed windows... wiped it again... re-followed all the steps to make a Catalina installer.... and when I tried to boot... it immediately told me that the system (which had rebooted several times by now) had rebooted from a Panic error. How???? I manually wiped even the EFI on both the USB and the internal drive.

Needless to say... I need help and will upload whatever files or info I can that will help someone else help me.
Thank you
View attachment 455830
your panic has gone off the screen

I know... and I have no clue what it says before this... it scrolls way too fast for me to read it... if you know a way I can get the whole panic I'm all ears.
film it?

That was an idea I had... and it proved as hard as I thought....
I have attached the slow motion video... I have to apologize, the text blur in it is not from the camera, it was scrolling so fast the screen was showing ghost text.... I now believe the issue is with ACPI.... but... I still need help, if anyone can help figure out exactly what the issue is.
Also... is there a difference between ACPI and ACIP... because I see both of those within clover??

That was an idea I had... and it proved as hard as I thought....
I have attached the slow motion video... I have to apologize, the text blur in it is not from the camera, it was scrolling so fast the screen was showing ghost text.... I now believe the issue is with ACPI.... but... I still need help, if anyone can help figure out exactly what the issue is.
Also... is there a difference between ACPI and ACIP... because I see both of those within clover??

some form of usb issue

make sure to use a usb2.0 flash drive, try all your ports

Ok... so I got to the store, got a Sandisk USB 2.0 .... compiled it anew
And got the same exact result.... any other ideas?
try all ports and make sure you have USBInjectAll.kext in clover/kexts/other

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back