Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> GUIDE: Legion y530 MOJAVE 10.14 installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
from my understanding, the numpad won't work without ApplePS2SmartTouchpad, which causes kernel panic when moved to /L/E and the new efi he shared doesn't have that. (thankfully)

as for the win, ctrl and alt keys i had the same issue, i fixed it by going to SyspPref>Keyboard>Modifier Keys (if you have two keyboards connected, be sure to change into the built-in one in the dropdown menu).

View attachment 404623

Thank you so much! I changed my keys before but i was wondering why they were incorrect ahahha

Because I removed the ApplePS2SmartTouchPad, the numeric keypad is not available and you can replace it if needed. I modified the keys to match our laptop keyboard.

Xiom, do i have to remove VoodooPS2Controller_Release_v1.9.2.kext before, to install ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext into EFI/C/K/O ??

Thanks for your help and contribution on this topic, i am really happy to see how this has grown around the years

Last edited:
You only need to completely replace my EFI, no need to do anything else.
I replaced my EFI folder to yours.
System automatically rebooted.
Screenshot_2019-05-10-21-59-21-896_com.miui.videoplayer.png
I also attached my working EFI with this post.
Please have a look into this.

Attachments

• EFI (all working except touchpad&wifi).zip
    19.8 MB · Views: 143
I replaced my EFI folder to yours.
System automatically rebooted.
View attachment 404767
I also attached my working EFI with this post.
mmm your laptop is acer, it might have the same CPU and GPU but another internal components are different, so you might experience different problems too. This efi works on LENOVO LEGION, as the title of this topic specify. If you need more help please visit first, FAQ

Xiom, do i have to remove VoodooPS2Controller_Release_v1.9.2.kext before, to install ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext into EFI/C/K/O ??
Yes, you can do this.

My EFI is only available for Lenovo y530/y7000, I can't provide support for other models.
Only one question,
Do I have to patch DSDT for VoodooI2c to work because I didn't see any DSDT.aml in your EFI?
The guide provided here says you have to patch DSDT first to work VoodooI2C.

And previously I used your EFI from here which is working except touchpad.
Please provide some suggestions or link from where I solve my problem.

Only one question,
Do I have to patch DSDT for VoodooI2c to work because I didn't see any DSDT.aml in your EFI?
The guide provided here says you have to patch DSDT first to work VoodooI2C.

And previously I used your EFI from here which is working except touchpad.
Please provide some suggestions or link from where I solve my problem.
see this VoodooI2C-PreRelease

Thanks a lot :thumbup::thumbup:
Now my touchpad is working.
As the guide suggests, we have to patch DSDT to work VoodooI2c. So, I patched my DSDT (very complicating). Then, reboot my system but no luck not worked at all. Then, I checked my Bios setting, there is an option for TOUCHPAD which was at ADVANCED, so I changed this to the Basic.
IMG_20190511_202814.jpg
Then, restart my system and BOOM it works.
Screenshot 2019-05-11 at 7.48.18 AM.png

Thank you guys for your HELP :clap::clap::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
The only problem is that the right button is working as the left button. (means both the buttons doing the same thing).
But the 2 finger tab/click is working.
Any solution for this.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 279
Thanks a lot :thumbup::thumbup:
Now my touchpad is working.
As the guide suggests, we have to patch DSDT to work VoodooI2c. So, I patched my DSDT (very complicating). Then, reboot my system but no luck not worked at all. Then, I checked my Bios setting, there is an option for TOUCHPAD which was at ADVANCED, so I changed this to the Basic.
View attachment 405017
Then, restart my system and BOOM it works.
View attachment 405018

Thank you guys for your HELP :clap::clap::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
The only problem is that the right button is working as the left button. (means both the buttons doing the same thing).
But the 2 finger tab/click is working.
Any solution for this.
Basic usually means PS2 mode, not I2C.
If you need help with VoodooI2C, please attach a full troubleshooting archive (EFI is not enough). Preferably with gen_debug.sh.
Notice you need to re-extract and re-patch your DSDT (and SSDTs, if some are patched) after every BIOS option change/BIOS update/hardware replacement.

If you're attaching an archive, please do it after changing back to advanced and re-patching DSDT/SSDTs.

Basic usually means PS2 mode, not I2C.
If you need help with VoodooI2C, please attach a full troubleshooting archive (EFI is not enough). Preferably with gen_debug.sh.
Notice you need to re-extract and re-patch your DSDT (and SSDTs, if some are patched) after every BIOS option change/BIOS update/hardware replacement.

If you're attaching an archive, please do it after changing back to advanced and re-patching DSDT/SSDTs.
Yes, you are right. On basic touchpad, both touchpad and keyboard are working with VoodooPS2controller.kext.

I2C Touchpad Device: TPAD
As you said, I changed the touchpad to advanced and then re-extract DSDT and SSDT using clover F4. And patched (basic+disable discrete graphics card using SSDT) DSDT using this guide.

In this site, it is written in the FAQ (point 4.) that, " If there are no IOInterruptSpecifiers in the name of the touchpad device inside IORegisteryExplorer and if you don't have VoodooI2C installed, you don't need to modify the DSDT! Your luck has helped you a lot. However, there are very few exceptions, and the processing is more complicated. Please read here (4. Exception 1) to confirm your Pin value through Windows. This requires you to package and ask for help. Let us solve it for you.".

Screenshot 2019-05-12 at 2.59.44 AM.png

Screenshot (12).pngb

IOInterruptSpecifiers Pin Value: 0x00000400 (1024)

Also attached the problem reporting files (debug_7275.zip).
Thanks for helping me.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Attachments

• debug_7275.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 142
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back