Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> GUIDE: Legion y530 MOJAVE 10.14 installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
@RaviKavaiya , if you were wondering, here are the exact info about GenericUSBXHCI.kext and Sata-unsupported.kext

You may find GenericUSBXHCI.kext useful for non-Intel USB3 (usually only on Sandy Bridge and prior):
GenericUSBXHCI.kext: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Generic-USB3

Certain SATA controllers, even though they are Intel, are not recognized by the Apple provided kexts properly (Apple doesn't use these controllers/chipsets on Apple computers). For this reason, you may need SATA-unsupported.kext.
It can be obtained from the hack-tools github project: https://github.com/RehabMan/hack-tools
Direct link for the ZIP: https://github.com/RehabMan/hack-tools/archive/master.zip

After using build from Lenovo_Y7000-Y530_Hackintosh provided by @xiaoM4095, majority of problems were fixed :D

Before use the build: Remove voodoops2.kext from L/E and kexts that be equal as clover's kexts, to be able to inject them use config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts=Detect

NOTE: if you install clover's kext into L/E (specifically ApplePS2SmartTouchPad) be aware that this will cause KERNEL PANIC as I reported on this
thread

remove using (use each line one by one, don't copy and past all at the same time)
Code:
sudo rm -rf "path and Name of your kext.kext"
sudo kextcache -i /

Here is the result's list! :D

Working
Keyboard
Numeric pad
Hotkeys (to remap hotkeys I installed karabiner app)
  • fn+
  • f1, f2, f3 - Mute, volume down, volume up
  • f5, f6 - Bright down, Bright up
  • f11, disable touchpad
  • fn+Q - Fans maximum speed
  • Num lock on, numpad keys 4,5,6,* - play/pause, stop, next, before
Backlight
iGPU acceleration (intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB)
Apple ID
  • Appstore (be able to sign up but can't install apps, after change wifi card this will fix!)
  • Face Time Works
  • iCloud backup
  • iMessage
  • notes
  • iTunes
USB 2.0, 3.0 and 3.1 and USB Type C
Ethernet
Battery Status and energy management (battery last around 2 or 3 hours depending on what are you doing, keep in mind that safari is better than other browser to save energy)
Audio
  • Microphone
  • speakers
  • headphones input
Double boot (I installed a sata 3 solid drive on the lap to be able to do this)
Camera

[UPDATE August 2019]
ELAN TOUCHPAD
work 70%
3 finger gestures dosent work
Drag and drop gesture is trickey
right button dosent work
2 fingers gestures works
SYNAPTIC Working pretty good
It's a Synaptic Touchpad.
Three and two fingers work, just not dragging with double tipp and holding the finger down, so I use the settings to drag with three fingers, but it's not as convenient as doubletipping. But it's not a big deal for me, as I usually use a mouse. But of course it would be nice if it worked.

Not Working
You won't have WIFI neither BLUETOOTH working, you have to replace the WIFI/BLUETOOTH card
Wifi and bluetooth (you have to change wifi card to BCM94352Z to enable this natively)
or @xiaoM4095 said:
I recently changed the BCM943602cs, wifi/Bluetooth does not need to install the driver. I can't do anything about your problems, haha

Here's a list of broadcom cards Apple has used in Macs.
  • M.2: BCM943602CS - native WiFi/ac and BT4LE (3 antennas)
  • M.2: BCM94360CS2 - native WiFi/ac and BT4LE (2 antennas)
  • M.2: BCM94352Z/AzureWave AW-CE162NF/DW1560 - supports WiFi/ac and BT4LE
  • M.2: BCM94350ZAE/DW1820A - native WiFi/ac and BT4LE
  • Half mini: BCM94360HMB/AzureWave AW-CB160H - native WiFi/ac and BT4LE (3 antennas)
  • Half mini: BCM94352 HMB/AzureWave AW-CE123H - supports WiFi/ac and BT4LE

I have encounter problems connecting bluetooth speakers or headphones, so far the only thing that can help is to install
Try turning off Intel Virtual Technology in the BIOS

Try installing BrcmFirmwareRepo and BrcmPatchRAM2 to L/E.

HDMI & Mini Display port - Cant be fixed because are connected to GPU. GPU disabled thanks to OPTIMUS. MacOS has not compatibility with NVIDIA OPTIMUS
Q. Is there a way to make Radeon or Nvidia graphics work in my dual-GPU laptop?
Q. Is there a way to make Radeon or Nvidia graphics work in my dual-GPU laptop?

Not if the discrete card is not dedicated (eg. tied to the Intel device).

The discrete graphics capability in a switched dual-GPU configuration is not supported with OS X on hacks. Best you can do is disable the discrete part with SSDT/DSDT patches. See the prior question.

If your discrete device (AMD Radeon or Nvidia) is not routed through the Intel GPU, then it is considered dedicated. Some laptops have the internal display connected to the Intel GPU and the external HDMI/DP port connected to the discrete graphics device. It is rare, but in that case you would be able to get the device to work with the external display with proper kexts and correct configuration, much like a dual-GPU desktop setup.

[UPDATE NOV 2019]
Ways to connect an external MONTIOR. THANKS TO ALL!
You can use USB to DVI/HDMI adapter by DisplayLink. I recently purchased and it works great.
There's cheap(<$5) USB to VGA adapter by "Fresco Logic". It works but for many applications text become angled and 60Hz display feels like 40Hz. Their driver is still in beta since Mojave. DisplayLink updates their drivers frequency and have great performance. I purchased it from aliexpress for $15
Yes, i use USB 3.1 Type C to HDMI, all good so far.

USB-C Adapter that dose not work
It's strange. I've a USB Type-C to multiport adapter like this and it was working fine with my Macbook Pro 2017 but doesn't work with Hackintosh. Curious which Type-C to HDMI works for you without driver

51namKQ%2BX4L._SL1000_.jpg
Thank you. Here is my adapter:
393270-189dd4ef297faebff0e5fcf7f95dbb73.jpg

at the momento these ubs-c adapter dose not work

I hope this can help you!

Last edited:
After using build from Lenovo_Y7000-Y530_Hackintosh provided by @xiaoM4095, majority of problems were fixed :D

All Kext must be installed on L/E too (Remove voodoops2.kext before install ApplePS2SmartTouchPad_Beta5_4.7.0.kext)

Here is the list with the results! :D
Working
Keyboard
Numeric pad
Hotkeys (to remap hotkeys I installed karabiner app)
  • fn+f1, f2, f3, f5, f6
  • play/pause, stop, next, before
Backlight
iGPU acceleration (intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB)
Apple ID:
  • Appstore (be able to sign up but can't install apps)
  • Face Time Works
  • iCloud backup
  • iMessage
  • notes
  • iTunes
USB 2.0, 3.0 and 3.1
Ethernet
Battery Status and energy management (battery last around 2 or 3 hours depending on what are you doing)
Audio Microphone, speakers and headphones input
Double boot (I installed a sata 3 solid drive on the lap to be able to do this)
Camera

Not Working
Elan Touchpad (Just works Synaptic touchpad)
Wifi and bluetooth (you have to change wifi card to BCM94352Z NGFF 802.11ac to enable this natively)
HDMI

Havent check:
USB c
Mini Display port

I hope this can help you!

nice guide

I am very interested in the fact that your hotkey is not working properly, because my notebook model is specially made in China. Can you provide your keyboard photo? I want to know the difference.

I am very interested in the fact that your hotkey is not working properly, because my notebook model is specially made in China. Can you provide your keyboard photo? I want to know the difference.
Of course, picture attached. Forther thanks to all your help!
Please visit my other thread where i ask for help to fix Appstore problem

Attachments

• keyboard-clickpad-layout.jpg
    keyboard-clickpad-layout.jpg
    352.4 KB · Views: 415
Your keyboard layout is the same as mine, I am curious why you can't control the backlight with FN+F5/F6 using my EFI.
do you wanna my PR FILE?

I saw your message and I can't reply to you at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back