Gigabyte GA-970A-D3
CPU
AMD AM3+ FX/AM3 Phenom
Graphics
Geforce 7550GT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
So I've downloaded various versions of OSx from Apple through their website. I can't use the appstore because the macs I have will not show or allow me to download any old OS from there, because they are too old (Lion MacBook & El Capitan Imac). I've followed the instructions regarding preparing the USB, and I've copied the InstallOS installers into the applications folder. When I use Unibeast, the OSs I have continue to be greyed out. Does this mean that I can't use the legally downloaded old OSs from Apple with Unibeast?

If I can't then that's fine but it should be noted in the guides for these specific OS. I'm not sure why this is happening, I just want to run a Mac OS on a capable PC I have available.

I just want to run a Mac OS on a capable PC I have available.

Please read and comply with the rules, in particular the one regarding profiles.
Link to profile - Just three items - Motherboard (or prebuilt system), Processor (CPU) and Graphics.

So I've downloaded various versions of OSx from Apple through their website. I can't use the appstore because the macs I have will not show or allow me to download any old OS from there, because they are too old (Lion MacBook & El Capitan Imac). I've followed the instructions regarding preparing the USB, and I've copied the InstallOS installers into the applications folder. When I use Unibeast, the OSs I have continue to be greyed out. Does this mean that I can't use the legally downloaded old OSs from Apple with Unibeast?

If I can't then that's fine but it should be noted in the guides for these specific OS. I'm not sure why this is happening, I just want to run a Mac OS on a capable PC I have available.
You want to try to install El Capitan on a PC?

You need to double click on the InstallOS.dmg file and run it. That will generate the required Install El Capitan file in your Applications folder.

The Unibeast software will not recognize the InstallOS file as one that can be used.

One more thing : Your profile lists a system with a Phenom CPU and an AMD 970 motherboard. This hardware combination is not supported by the installation methods here. Only AMD Ryzen systems are supported, and then only with MacOS Catalina and Big Sur.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back