[email protected] + HM67 Rev. B3
Graphics
HD3000, 1600x900
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I've encountered a few problems which have prevented me from reaching even clover.

I followed the Sierra desktop guide to make the USB on my MacBook.

When preparing the USB, does it need to be formatted as GUID for a legacy machine? I read somewhere that for legacy, it needs to be MBR. I'm trying to boot an Alienware M17xR3. It says "b1f something rather" then boots into bios and I have to power it off. I tried GUID and MBR but its the same for both.

Also, I put FakeSMC.kext into the Other folder and deleting all os the 10.x folders. What am I missing? Is there a config.plist file I need?

I've encountered a few problems which have prevented me from reaching even clover.

I followed the Sierra desktop guide to make the USB on my MacBook.

When preparing the USB, does it need to be formatted as GUID for a legacy machine? I read somewhere that for legacy, it needs to be MBR. I'm trying to boot an Alienware M17xR3. It says "b1f something rather" then boots into bios and I have to power it off. I tried GUID and MBR but its the same for both.

Also, I put FakeSMC.kext into the Other folder and deleting all os the 10.x folders. What am I missing? Is there a config.plist file I need?

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

Hi RehabMan, good to hear from you.

I tried my best to fill out my build specs, but no offence the page to edit them is crap. I will list the details you require here, as the specs aren't available in the severely limited drop down menus.

Mobo: Alienware/M17xR3 + Clover EFI (I clicked boot0af, and install in ESP in the clover installer Build r3599)

CPU: i7-2630QM @ 2.00GHz + HM67 Rev. B3

Graphics: HD3000, 1600x900 + Nvidia GTX 460M (disabled in BIOS, only using Intel HD for OS X)

I have a El Cap USB that boots just fine. I caopied over the config.plist and my kexts from the working El Cap USB (even used the same clover settings on the Sierra clover install) but it just fails to boot and gives me this screen where it lists my PC specs and gives me a few boot options, all of which return to the main screen.

I'm kinda confused. I'm not sure where I went wrong, and I'd appreciate any help with this. I do appologize that my specs are not listed in my signature as requested, I hope this will do.

Thanks,

Steph

Hi RehabMan, good to hear from you.

I tried my best to fill out my build specs, but no offence the page to edit them is crap.

Don't use build signatures. For a single laptop, your hardware details go in your profile (as requested).

Don't use build signatures. For a single laptop, your hardware details go in your profile (as requested).
Fixed, sorry for the misunderstanding. With these specs, is the anything I need to do differently to get Sierra running?

Your profile implies you're using Clover UEFI, not legacy. Is your BIOS UEFI capable?

But in any case, see laptop guide...

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html
Is there a different download for clover legacy? I Downloaded my El Cap Clover (actually boots El Cap) and the new clover from the same place, SourceForge. They both say Clover EFI when it downloads.

BIOS is not UEFI, it's too old. I have a modified BIOS so that I can change Graphics settings, like turning off my GPU.

Thanks for the link, I'll read through it.

Is there a different download for clover legacy? I Downloaded my El Cap Clover (actually boots El Cap) and the new clover from the same place, SourceForge. They both say Clover EFI when it downloads.

BIOS is not UEFI, it's too old. I have a modified BIOS so that I can change Graphics settings, like turning off my GPU.

Thanks for the link, I'll read through it.

Please make your profile read "Clover legacy". No different download for Clover UEFI vs. legacy... just different options when you install it.

Anybody have any information? Would it be easier for me to install El Cap as its working and upgrade to Sierra?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back