CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi folks. I'm trying to install Mojave on my father's old PC. Now it runs Mountain Lion 10.8.5, we're trying to create a fresh installation of Mojave on a new SSD.
USB stick was created using Unibeast with legacy boot mode, drivers related to BIOS-only systems were installed.
We can reach installer, format drives using Disk Utility, but installation itself won't start. The "Continue" button becomes inactive, nothing happens, installer is not starting. The system remains responsive, I can open terminal or view logs.
Any advices?

Attachments

• Installer Log 30-Mar-2020.txt
    86.6 KB · Views: 85
  • CLOVER.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Hi folks. I'm trying to install Mojave on my father's old PC. Now it runs Mountain Lion 10.8.5, we're trying to create a fresh installation of Mojave on a new SSD.
USB stick was created using Unibeast with legacy boot mode, drivers related to BIOS-only systems were installed.
We can reach installer, format drives using Disk Utility, but installation itself won't start. The "Continue" button becomes inactive, nothing happens, installer is not starting. The system remains responsive, I can open terminal or view logs.
Any advices?

Hello there.

How many drives are attached to the PC? Any other operating-systems installed?

Can you select the Show all Drives line under the destination drive icon in the installer?

Where does the Clover folder you have uploaded come from? It looks as though it was created by a Catalina installer...

Does your father's PC have a GPU installed? If so what type?

:)

How many drives are attached to the PC? Any other operating-systems installed?
We made different tries, one without any drives besides the target one, the second with Windows 7 and Mac OS X ML 10.8.5 attached. No difference.

Can you select the Show all Drives line under the destination drive icon in the installer?
Installer doesn't show up. We stuck at the macOS Utilites window. Continue button becomes inactive and nothing happens. Nevertheless the menubar is accessible, we can open terminal and run disk utility, where all drives are accessible.
1585601042994.png

Where does the Clover folder you have uploaded come from? It looks as though it was created by a Catalina installer...

It was originally created by UniBeast 9.3 and then tweaked by me (I just added SMBIOS with iMac 11,1 definitions with board-id from iMac 14,1). I suspect that the stumbling point is somewhere inside the config.plist...

Does your father's PC have a GPU installed? If so what type?

XFX Radeon HD5770

We made different tries, one without any drives besides the target one, the second with Windows 7 and Mac OS X ML 10.8.5 attached. No difference.

Installer doesn't show up. We stuck at the macOS Utilites window. Continue button becomes inactive and nothing happens. Nevertheless the menubar is accessible, we can open terminal and run disk utility, where all drives are accessible.
View attachment 458483

It was originally created by UniBeast 9.3 and then tweaked by me (I just added SMBIOS with iMac 11,1 definitions with board-id from iMac 14,1). I suspect that the stumbling point is somewhere inside the config.plist...

XFX Radeon HD5770

Okay :thumbup:

The problem might be because you are using a system-definition that is too old for Mojave. Take a look at this guide, Step 1, and it lists the system-definitions that Mojave will install on. Looking at your config.plist the choice of iMac11,3 is a mid-2010 model and too early. I think you need iMac13,1 or later.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back