Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
After several false starts and with much hair pulling (have to be careful not to pull to hard, not much hair left :mrgreen: ), much reading and searching I have finally gotten El Capitan GM installed and running on my signature build. Many thanks to PikeRAlpha and the Clover team for their efforts to make this possible.
Booting with Clover v2.3k r3262 built with Clover Grower Pro and using the attached config.plist and DSDT.

View attachment X58A-Ud7ElCapGM.zip
Screen Shot 2015-09-13 at 6.58.53 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2015-09-13 at 6.59.07 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-09-13 at 6.59.31 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-09-13 at 6.59.49 PM.png

Now to get audio working - would like to patch on the fly with Clover if possible, and will be testing sleep/wake and generally making sure everything works.

Going Bald

Motherboard
GA-X58A-UD7-F7
CPU
W3670
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Thanks to toleda's guide ( http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/143757-audio-realtek-alc-applehda-guide.html ) I now have audio working via clover patch.

Sleep works for short times of 15 minutes, 30 minutes and 1 hour with everything working after wake.
Overnight wakeup has problems with Safari crashing after wakeup - this is a continuous process of popup wanting to send crash report to Apple and command+Q fails to stop Safari. Finally had to do a hard reset to stop it. Not a big problem for me as I do not generally allow an overnight sleep - I shutdown at night.

ammulder

Motherboard
GA-H87N-WIFI
CPU
i7-4790S
Graphics
GT 740
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I got the same Safari crash this morning. Had to Force-Quit, and I couldn't get it to run again without rebooting. I did notice CommCenter crashes in Console at the same time. I've tried disabling my serial port because I couldn't think of why else telephony-related stuff would be starting. But I'm not sure how to test this without leaving it on overnight again. I think this is "standby" whereby with a sleep longer than pmset -g | grep standbydelay seconds causes hibernation, which I hear is enabled on reasonably modern iMacs with an SSD (which my SMBIOS is emulating).

It looks like you might be able to disable the standby behavior that's causing problems with sudo pmset -a standby 0 and then you should get only regular sleep. I don't think I've had any problems after a regular sleep.

Motherboard
GA X58A-UD7
CPU
I7 3,2 Ghz
Graphics
XFX ATI 6870
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
  4. Workgroup Server
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Did you extract your DSDT with MaciASL? How about the patches? My X58A UD7 Rev2.0 is running El Capitan with sound and all but it does not want to shutdown. I am using a DSDT from the DSDT downloads...
Thanks!

Going Bald

Motherboard
GA-X58A-UD7-F7
CPU
W3670
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Did you extract your DSDT with MaciASL? How about the patches? My X58A UD7 Rev2.0 is running El Capitan with sound and all but it does not want to shutdown. I am using a DSDT from the DSDT downloads...
Thanks!
Actually I extracted the DSDT with DSDTSE editor years ago and have gradually added edits. I think I have most of the problems fixed. I also use the Mac Pro 4,1 system definition as it is closest to my hardware.

Motherboard
GA-Z270X-UD5
CPU
Core i7-7700K
Graphics
Nvidia 1080ti 11GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Did you manage to make USB 3.0 ports of this motherboard to work? My clover setup is working really well but I am still not able to make USB 3.0 to work. Do you have any clue?
Thank's

Motherboard
MSI X79A-GD45
CPU
E5-2696v2
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. Performa
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
@Going Bald
Hi. I have your same motherboard and running El Cap 10.11.2 I tried your DSDT and compared it with mine. With my DSDT cpu core temps are about 6 degrees lower but sleep doesn't work (it shuts down the computer instead of putting it into sleep). With your DSDT sleep works but cpu temps are higher:rolleyes:
AppleLPC.kext it does load with both.

When you get some time can you please take a look to my DSDT and, if possible, patch it in order to get sleep working? I've tried to patch it but no luck:cry:
Thank you.

GA-X58A-UD7 F9 Xeon W3680

Attachments

• DSDT1.aml.zip
    6.4 KB · Views: 167
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hello there, Going Bald!

As a matter of fact, I'm Going, too (though I have a misterHAT ;-))) What is more, I also happen to have the VERY same config components as the ones you've listed in your signature down to the 6x2GB Corsair modules (not that it matters).

So, could/would you pretty pretty please send me a copy of your DSDT file you've been meticulously editing for yourself for the past few years ;-?

Thank you in advance

EDIT: And now here comes a well deserved _facepalm_ from/for me: your DSDT file is/was in your attached X58A-Ud7ElCapGM.zip file. Silly me ... ;-I

Motherboard
Gigabyte ga-x58a-ud7
CPU
i7
Graphics
GTX660
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hello... i´ve seen that you finally install El Capitan on your X58a ud7...
I have the same MoBo but Bios F8... when i try to run the installation keyboard and mouse doesn´t work... did you had the same problem? How did you fixed it?
I´m going mad trying all the possible fixes that i find on tonymacx86 forums...
Please can you help me just a little bit¿?
Thank you so much...

PD. Sorry about my grammar and english, i´m spanish and i try to do my best... hehehe

Motherboard
MSI X79A-GD45
CPU
E5-2696v2
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. Performa
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Hi. Did you try install with a proper DSDT for your motherboard and CPU?