HD4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm making the Mojave USB installer and had a couple questions. I have 2 existing partitions on this machine, Mountain Lion and Sierra and will be adding a 3rd for Mojave.

1) I have Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H Z87 mobo which supports UEFI boot mode. I can't remember how I configured the USB installer for the previous installs, but will it mess anything up if I configured them as "Legacy" and make this one UEFI ?

2) Since I already went through and dialed in the BIOS settings when setting up my other 2 partitions, can I leave the BIOS settings as they are for this new Mojave partition?

Thanks!

I'm making the Mojave USB installer and had a couple questions. I have 2 existing partitions on this machine, Mountain Lion and Sierra and will be adding a 3rd for Mojave.

1) I have Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H Z87 mobo which supports UEFI boot mode. I can't remember how I configured the USB installer for the previous installs, but will it mess anything up if I configured them as "Legacy" and make this one UEFI ?

2) Since I already went through and dialed in the BIOS settings when setting up my other 2 partitions, can I leave the BIOS settings as they are for this new Mojave partition?

Thanks!
(1) You should use UEFI mode for your motherboard as your motherboard is based on UEFI. It should work.

(2) Yes, you should be able to leave it as it is if Sierra can boot successfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back