Contribute
Register

Layman's guide to access Mac App Store with NullEthernet.kext

Status
Not open for further replies.
/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/[FONT=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]NetworkInterfaces.plist[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]I don't have this file. My mob should have a working ethernet (b75h d3m) but i doesn't, and this method isn't working for me. Is it because of the lack of this file?[/FONT]

It means you probably haven't installed drivers for your Ethernet and added the network interface in SysPrefs->Network.

but I have. I just tried deleting all the ethernet related kexts in /Extras/Extensions and reinstalling AppleRTL8169 kext with multibeast but still I can't add my ethernet port and I still haven't got the file. Any ideas?

but I have. I just tried deleting all the ethernet related kexts in /Extras/Extensions and reinstalling AppleRTL8169 kext with multibeast but still I can't add my ethernet port and I still haven't got the file. Any ideas?

You are probably not looking in the right place. Use Finder's Go to Folder and type '/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/'

what why i can find it with the go function but can't access it manually even with hidden folders being shown?

EDIT: still a no go though. I can't understand why everyone with this motherboard got their ethernet working properly but I can't

what why i can find it with the go function but can't access it manually even with hidden folders being shown?

Probably because you're looking in the wrong place. There is a 'Library' directory under your user directory as well as under the 'root'. This path is relative to root.

EDIT: still a no go though. I can't understand why everyone with this motherboard got their ethernet working properly but I can't

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html

Hopefully i got this right

Attachments

• Giuliano’s Mac Pro.ioreg
    1.8 MB · Views: 199
Hopefully i got this right

I see only USB WiFi at 'en0'. And I don't see a PCI Ethernet device. Maybe it is defective or disabled in BIOS.

If your onboard Ethernet is defective, use NullEthernet.kext.

But it should be, the first time I installed hackintosh the ethernet was identified, but i deleted it afterwards to try this method and after that it never got detected again, even after fresh installs.
Could it be the uefi?

But it should be, the first time I installed hackintosh the ethernet was identified, but i deleted it afterwards to try this method and after that it never got detected again, even after fresh installs.
Could it be the uefi?

An Ethernet device that is not present on the PCI bus cannot be expected to work. Has nothing to do with what you install or delete software-wise.

An Ethernet device that is not present on the PCI bus cannot be expected to work. Has nothing to do with what you install or delete software-wise.

Sorry, I'm not sure if I understand what you meant. You mean that I should try it with a ethernet cable connected, or that my ethernet port isn't installed? And either way, why in the first time I installed yosemite the ethernet was detected?

Sorry for so many questions, but I really want to fix this

UPDATE: uninstalled the nullethernet kexts, reinstalled the multicast kext, now there is a ethernet slot identified with a "self-assigned ip"(guess it's because i'm not using it).
Anyway, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back