Contribute
Register

Layman's guide to access Mac App Store with NullEthernet.kext

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive used ssdt method, can i share this method in my local osx86 forums with citing your posts?

Yes, of course.

Hi Rehabman,

Is that work for non-Hack user? I am a Macbook Air (mid2009) and a layman user. I use a ASUS USB dongle after my ethernet gone bad

I do all the steps in this Thread (except no.6) and change the dongle to en0, fake Ethernet adapter doesnt on. Seems that I dont know how to do after apply the patch and saving System DSDT file to desktop

Please help

thanks.

Attachments

• usb dongle.tiff
    227.8 KB · Views: 228
Hi Rehabman,

Is that work for non-Hack user? I am a Macbook Air (mid2009) and a layman user. I use a ASUS USB dongle after my ethernet gone bad

I do all the steps in this Thread (except no.6) and change the dongle to en0, fake Ethernet adapter doesnt on. Seems that I dont know how to do after apply the patch and saving System DSDT file to desktop

Please help

thanks.

In order to use DSDT/SSDT method with a real Mac, you'd have to use a hackintosh bootloader (such as Clover). If your Ethernet chip is not working but still on the PCI bus, you can use the injector kext method.

In order to use DSDT/SSDT method with a real Mac, you'd have to use a hackintosh bootloader (such as Clover). If your Ethernet chip is not working but still on the PCI bus, you can use the injector kext method.

Thanks for your reply RehabMan, apologize for my layman question, is that rEFIt can do it? It is quite hard for me to look for a beginner guide to install Clover on a real Mac.

Thanks for your reply RehabMan, apologize for my layman question, is that rEFIt can do it? It is quite hard for me to look for a beginner guide to install Clover on a real Mac.

Clover is based on rEFIt. I've never used rEFIt, so I don't know if it has the capability to provide patched DSDT/SSDTs. I have used Clover to boot my Apple MacBookAir6,2 and I know that works... I did that just for the purpose of providing patched DSDT/SSDTs for some "investigations" I was doing.

But first you should check the PCI bus to see if the device is present. If it is present, but not working, you can use (customized) NullEthernetInjector.kext, which would allow you to still boot your Mac in the normal way. Use DPCIManager->PCI List to see if the device is still there...

Clover is based on rEFIt. I've never used rEFIt, so I don't know if it has the capability to provide patched DSDT/SSDTs. I have used Clover to boot my Apple MacBookAir6,2 and I know that works... I did that just for the purpose of providing patched DSDT/SSDTs for some "investigations" I was doing.

But first you should check the PCI bus to see if the device is present. If it is present, but not working, you can use (customized) NullEthernetInjector.kext, which would allow you to still boot your Mac in the normal way. Use DPCIManager->PCI List to see if the device is still there...

here is my screenshot of DPCIManager...

View attachment DPCImanager.tiff

Mine is MacBook Air 2,1. I dont know if the device is still here. ethernet chips on logic board was dead (not the Airport/bluetooth card)

here is my screenshot of DPCIManager...

View attachment 117451

Mine is MacBook Air 2,1. I dont know if the device is still here. ethernet chips on logic board was dead (not the Airport/bluetooth card)

No Ethernet that I can see there...

You would need to hack it, so you can provide patched DSDT or SSDT (SSDT is probably the easiest).

/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/[FONT=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]NetworkInterfaces.plist[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]I don't have this file. My mob should have a working ethernet (b75h d3m) but i doesn't, and this method isn't working for me. Is it because of the lack of this file?[/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back