Contribute
Register

Layman's guide to access Mac App Store with NullEthernet.kext

Status
Not open for further replies.
If your end goal is High Sierra just download that on the MBA your friend has. Create a Unibeast installer of HS on that MBA and then do a clean install on your Dell. Format your SL install drive and then follow the High Sierra guide. That will save you some time and get you to your goal with less work.
Hi,

I successfully created a unibeast installer on a usb stick and rebooted my hackintosh to install HS. However at step 4 in the guide to install HS on any intel pc(Clover boot screen), I am stopped and cannot proceed to start the HS install process because my keyboard and mouse are not being recognized.

Any ideas as to why this is and what needs to be done to resolve this issue? I am so close to finally finishing this process I can reach out and touch it!!!

Thanks in advance for all responses.

Sorry for responding so late. I had to get another pc because either the power supply and/or motherboard failed and it was cheaper to buy a replacement pc with the same specs as the one that crashed.

When I first created the usb installer, at the clover boot screen it said 'boot os x install from Install macos high sierra'. After the pc crash, the clover screen now says 'boot from hackintosh'(hackintosh is the name of my hd).

Any idea why this happened and what I can do to resolve it without having to re-create the usb installer again?

I copied the usb injectall.kext file into the 'other' folder within the 'install macos high sierra'.app and rebooted with no change in the availability of the keyboard and mouse at the clover boot screen

Thanks,

Anyone got this working on Mojave?

This worked great for me in Mavericks. But I was having trouble for a while because I kept installing the NullEthernetInjector.kext instead of the NullEthernet.kext within Release folder. It doesn't work at all if you do that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back