Contribute
Register

Layman's guide to access Mac App Store with NullEthernet.kext

Status
Not open for further replies.
Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

thanks so much. here is a copy of the IOReg file that i previously attached. do you want me to recreate it? (this one is from yesterday).

when i open up About this MAC (system report) the ethernet section says there is nothing installed.

View attachment Mac Pro.ioreg.zip

EDIT: Also in DPCIManager there is no Ethernet in the PCI device section.

thanks so much. here is a copy of the IOReg file that i previously attached. do you want me to recreate it? (this one is from yesterday).

when i open up About this MAC (system report) the ethernet section says there is nothing installed.

View attachment 162749

EDIT: Also in DPCIManager there is no Ethernet in the PCI device section.

You need to re-create the ioreg (as per linked guide).

Here is a copy of the latest IOReg zip file.

View attachment 162840

I can see the driver loaded at RP03.D082... But maybe it is not working properly. Check system.log.

And... if you can't get it to work, use NullEthernet instead (or look for a different driver).

I can see the driver loaded at RP03.D082... But maybe it is not working properly. Check system.log.

hi RehabMan; just finished reformatting everything and starting from square zero. managed to install el cap and multibeast 8.0. only thing in syspref -> network was bluetooth PAN (see screenshot).

attached is the system.log. couldn't find anything about RP03.D082 anywhere.

Do you know if there is a specific way to attached the RP03.D082 to a specific kext? http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/178202-qualcomm-atheros-killer-ethernet-e2400.html

there has to be a way to force ElCap to see this ethernet device?

would there be any benefit in booting into win10pro and pulling the NIC mac address and any other information from the Windows side?

using DPCImngr the two ethernet nice are listed without a "device name" but they have vendor code:
vendor id Device ID SubVendor SubDevice
1969 E0A1 1462 7883

*/see attached screen shot*

is there some method that exist to find the efi string for the RP03.D082 device so that i can try and add that to my config.plist?

thanks for any direction you can provide.

Screen Shot 2015-11-18 at 8.18.23 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-11-18 at 8.20.42 PM.pngView attachment system.log.zipScreen Shot 2015-11-18 at 8.33.19 PM.png

Rehabman can you help me? how do i change my MAC address?i have successfully done everything , i'm just missing changing MAC address, specially because i can't use iTunes. I've used ssdt.aml method.

Rehabman can you help me? how do i change my MAC address?i have successfully done everything , i'm just missing changing MAC address, specially because i can't use iTunes. I've used ssdt.aml method.

The MAC address can be customized in the SSDT. Read the README.

The MAC address is unlikely to have anything to do with your iTunes problem.

The MAC address can be customized in the SSDT. Read the README.

The MAC address is unlikely to have anything to do with your iTunes problem.

Please,

I have also installed NullEthernet.kext using the SSDT method. Everything is working fine exept I have not found a way to randomize the mac address, so I have the default mac address. I have read the README.md on the https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Null-Ethernet/blob/master/README.md but I am stuck, I can not figured out what to do. I am using clover as bootloader and I have installed El capitan. I have placed the ssdm.aml file into the efi\clover\acpi\patched. Is this the file that I need to modify in order to get a random mac address for the fake Ethernet card?
I have also try to modify the initial Info.plist inside the NullEthernet.kext before the installation (as mentioned in the same README.md) but I cannot see any mac address parameter in it while there is one in the Info.plist of the NullEthernetInjector.kext. Is there an easy way to do it? Please I am working on it the whole day without getting any solution.....

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back