Contribute
Register

Layman's guide to access Mac App Store with NullEthernet.kext

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought so too, since I have an onboard ethernet port..... but I've tried pretty much everything else. I've installed the AppleIntelE1000 kext (As well as every other ethernet kext I've seen). I've had a "PCI Ethernet Slot" listed as en0 on my system report, I deleted the system prefs> network configurations, etc...

I still can't access the AppStore.... :(

I'll post the IOReg later today, thank you so much!

Reply when you have ioreg.

Reply when you have ioreg.

Hi RehabMan,

still trying to get my MAS to work using NullEthernet.kext.

I am not sure if i should use the DDST or the SSDT methods? I have a TPLinkWDN4800 wifi PCIE adapter and also a Apple USB Ethernet adapter and both methods give me internet, but neither show up as built in no matter what I do.

under dpci manager it shows my built in PCI ethernet and wifi cards - but i can't use them (which is why I was trying to use nullethernet.kext).

Here is a copy of my IOREG, patchmatic extract files, iasl and ACPI files that i have installed on my system. Not sure where i have gone wrong in this process, but if i can figure out how to get it working that would be really appreciated:

View attachment CLOVER.zip

View attachment extract.zip

View attachment Mac Pro.acpi.zip

View attachment Mac Pro.ioreg.zip

Screen Shot 2015-11-16 at 2.26.41 PM.png

Normal. It is not a real Ethernet device -- it can't connect to anything.

Is there another WiFi card or PCIE Ethernet Adapter that would be easier to configure in El Capitan so that is shows up as being built in? I am hoping to get some kind of hardware device that I can add to my hackintosh and then just install a single kext file and then it just works with the MAS?

I am not sure if it is an issue with the TPLink4800 or my bootloader?

still trying to get my MAS to work using NullEthernet.kext.

I am not sure if i should use the DDST or the SSDT methods?

Either will work. Your choice. SSDT method is easier, and better when you don't already have a patched DSDT.

I have a TPLinkWDN4800 wifi PCIE adapter and also a Apple USB Ethernet adapter and both methods give me internet, but neither show up as built in no matter what I do.

The AtherosE2200 at RP03.IOPP.D082 is marked built-in. It is the one that you should assign to en0.

Either will work. Your choice. SSDT method is easier, and better when you don't already have a patched DSDT.

The AtherosE2200 at RP03.IOPP.D082 is marked built-in. It is the one that you should assign to en0.

Ok - I will attempt to use the SSDT method or NullEthernet.kext?

I have compiled my DSDT and SSDT files using patchmatic (have a SSDT.aml, SSDT-1.aml and also an SSDT-2.aml) - which one should i use to add to my /EFI/ACPI/patched folder?

Couldn't find which of these files that have RP03.IOPP.D082 in it?

Could you refer me to some thread or help me figure out how to assign this NullEthernet.kext to en0?

I added the MAC address of my TPLink4800 to the NullEthernet.kext "info.plist" file.

Is there something else that I need to add to it?

I tried to install this kext using Kext Utility - but nothing happened and there is still no ethernet showing up as built in:

Screen Shot 2015-11-16 at 7.27.40 PM.png

View attachment NullEthernetInjector.kext.zip

View attachment NullEthernet.kext.zip

Ok - I will attempt to use the SSDT method or NullEthernet.kext?

No "OR".

You need both the kext and the SSDT.

Couldn't find which of these files that have RP03.IOPP.D082 in it?

That device is already marked built-in. All you need to do is assign it to en0 in SysPrefs->Network. Then you won't need NullEthernet at en0.

No "OR".

You need both the kext and the SSDT.

That device is already marked built-in. All you need to do is assign it to en0 in SysPrefs->Network. Then you won't need NullEthernet at en0.
Hi REhabMan;

thanks for your response. i installed the kext and also added the SSDT to my /EFI/ACPI/patched folder. now i can't get into my system and it just keeps giving me a kernel panic (sometimes it just freezes and other times it just keeps rebooting).

i have tried safe mode and all of the possible variations of these boot flags and can't get back into my system. (slide=0 rootless=0 npci=0x2000 nv_disable=1 -f -x -s -F dart=0 cpus=1)

Is there a way to disable the SSDT so that I can get back into my computer?

I may just have to try and do a completely fresh reformat/reinstall of everything.

There is no way for me to assign this device in SysPrefs->Network. It just doesn't show up no matter what. I press the + sign and it only gives me the option to add a Bluetooth PAN (there is no Ethernet option that even shows up unless I plug in the AppleUSBEthernetDongle).

I have tried all of the steps on the Fix Imessage guide and also your NullEthernet guide - but am really having a lot of trouble. I have been spending weeks and weeks on trying to get MAS working. SO please please bear with me and I will try and follow your instructions to the "T".

First thing is how do I get back into my PC so I can try and fix this once again.

Hi REhabMan;

thanks for your response. i installed the kext and also added the SSDT to my /EFI/ACPI/patched folder. now i can't get into my system and it just keeps giving me a kernel panic (sometimes it just freezes and other times it just keeps rebooting).

No idea without seeing the KP and your EFI/Clover folder.

Is there a way to disable the SSDT so that I can get back into my computer?

Boot using your Clover USB.

No idea without seeing the KP and your EFI/Clover folder.

Boot using your Clover USB.

Ok - I am back into El Capitan now.

You stated that my RP03.IOPP.D082 device is already marked built-in.

How do I assign it to en0 in SysPrefs->Network if it doesn't show up at all. Where do I locate this device exactly?

i have tried a lot of things and just not sure where to go from here. I have been :banghead: for about 3 weeks now and yesterday I spent about 10 hours straight trying to get it fixed.

please, please please help me get this fixed.

edit: in the about MAC (system report). the ethernet section says there is no PCIE card installed. so how do i assign it to en0 when it won't even read it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back