Contribute
Register

Layman's guide to access Mac App Store with NullEthernet.kext

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am following the steps as posted by the original poster but am stopped at step 4 because I am running SL and Multibeast. When I try to run maciasl, I get the error that it can only run in 10.8 and later.

My cpu is an Intel Core 2 Duo and is running in 64 bit mode according to information found in 'About this Mac'. Given my configuration, what are my next steps to replace steps 4 and 5 so I can move on with finishing the steps so I can access the MAS? Everything I've seen on this site is unclear about what to do in this situation so any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

I created a DSDT.aml file using DSDT Editor and placed it in the extras folder. In the DSDT editor, I opened up the patch.txt file from the nullethernet folder after retrieving the dsdt info from the computer's bios. I applied the patch to the data retrieved from the bios, compiled and fixed any errors that were found. I then saved the modified file as DSDT.aml and placed it in the extras folder.

For step 9, I searched and did not find 'networkinterfaces.plist'. So I rebooted and when I went to add back the adapters, only the adapter I use to connect to the internet is listed. The other possibilities listed are as follows: built-in serial port(1), vpn, pppoe, 6 to 4.

I need some help here because I'm sure I missed something.

The serial port is now disabled. The remaining possibilities listed are as follows: vpn, pppoe, and 6 to 4. I still need help to resolve the issue of the 'fake' adapter not showing based on following the steps listed in the threads posted earlier. Any and all help is appreciated and thanks in advance.

Thanks,

Hi all,

I'm following the steps found in the following thread below:

and am stuck at the steps which involve maciasl. I used DSDT editor to create my dsdt.aml file and placed it in the extras folder(see my earlier posts above for more info on what I did.

Can anybody please help me with this problem so I can download and upgrade to El Capitan and the other more current OS
software?

Thanks in advance,

Hi all,

My thoughts of going from SL to HS are on hold as I found that I need to upgrade to ML before I can upgrade to HS, which puts me back to square one. I purchased ML and it is sitting in the MAC waiting to be downloaded but can only be downloaded onto the platform where it will be installed.

This leads me back to the problem of accessing the MAC store from my hackintosh. As stated in earlier posts in this thread, I followed the steps as listed by the original poster of this thread on page one with the exception of steps 4-6. Being as I am currently on SL, Maciasl won't run on it.

Please see posts #204-207 for the steps I took to create a dsdt.aml file. Until I get past this issue, I cannot move on to upgrading to HS and am stuck at SL.

Can anyone help me troubleshoot this issue? If this post is in the wrong forum, please move it to wherever it should be posted.

Thanks and much appreciation in advance.

My thoughts of going from SL to HS are on hold as I found that I need to upgrade to ML before I can upgrade to HS, which puts me back to square one.
You didn't need to buy Mt. Lion, all you have to do is upgrade to Mt. Lion or something newer so download El Capitan on your Snow Leopard system. Make the El Cap USB installer and go from there. Here's the link to get El Capitan.
As you can see below, you can still use Mac Pro 3,1 sysdef to get El Capitan. Use something newer as your SMBIOS to download H. Sierra. 14,2 iMac will work fine for that.

Hi,

Thanks for the link. I used my hackintosh to access the link in the email which took me to the Mac App Store. But to download el capitan, I had to log into the app store which is where I have my current issue. I am getting the following error message: 'your device or computer can not be verified.' I have been trying to resolve this by trying the instructions found in post #209 above which is where I need assistance.

Question: Can I download el capitan to a mac laptop running a recent os such as Sierra? I have a friend who has a macbook air so if there would be no issues with such a scenario, I'm going to try that the next time I see him.

Thanks,

Can I download el capitan to a mac laptop running a recent os such as Sierra? I have a friend who has a macbook air so if there would be no issues with such a scenario, I'm going to try that the next time I see him.
If your end goal is High Sierra just download that on the MBA your friend has. Create a Unibeast installer of HS on that MBA and then do a clean install on your Dell. Format your SL install drive and then follow the High Sierra guide. That will save you some time and get you to your goal with less work.

That sounds like a plan. I will try that this coming weekend and report back.

Thanks for the info.

I have trouble getting this to work in Mojave 14.4. I tried using both ways of installation already, and I have installed the kernel already as well, but I am not seeing anything. Would someone please take a look at my machine for me?
Thanks

Attachments

• MacBook Pro.ioreg
    22.2 MB · Views: 84
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back