Contribute
Register

Layman's guide to access Mac App Store with NullEthernet.kext

Status
Not open for further replies.
Note: It is easier to use SSDT-rmne.aml.

RehabMan, you're the man. Thanks a bunch, and thanks for creating these. And thanks to @KNNSpeed for your tutorial. I've got everything (ok, almost everything) working on my 9560. You're both brilliant guys. Kudos.

Any news about NullEthernetForce? I have a MacBook with a broken Airport card (actually the fault is on the motherboard, so a new card won't fix it). I've been using a USB wifi dongle, but it seems that this will be the only way for me to get iMessage, FaceTime, and the App Store back. I am willing to do testing for you, if that would be helpful.

I'm also attaching my IOReg:

Attachments

• MacBook Pro.zip
    493.5 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
Any news about NullEthernetForce? I have a MacBook with a broken Airport card (actually the fault is on the motherboard, so a new card won't fix it). I've been using a USB wifi dongle, but it seems that this will be the only way for me to get iMessage, FaceTime, and the App Store back. I am willing to do testing for you, if that would be helpful.

I'm also attaching my IOReg:

Never got it to work when attached to IOResources, so stopped working on it.
You're welcome to continue if you have ideas.

Never got it to work when attached to IOResources, so stopped working on it.
You're welcome to continue if you have ideas.
Ah, I see. I may look into it in the future, but for now I will just have to deal with trying to use Clover. Thanks!

Hi RehabMan,

I followed your guide in the read me to install NullEthernet. I installed the Kext using the Kext Utility and saved the AML file under the Clover/ACPI/Patched folder, however, the Fake Ethernet Interface does not show up in my network preferences.
Any idea on how to fix this?

Attachments

• MacBook Pro.zip
    630.7 KB · Views: 179
Hi RehabMan,

I followed your guide in the read me to install NullEthernet. I installed the Kext using the Kext Utility and saved the AML file under the Clover/ACPI/Patched folder, however, the Fake Ethernet Interface does not show up in my network preferences.
Any idea on how to fix this?

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Thanks RehabMan,
Even being a lawyer with limited understanding of the programming logic, I not only successfully installed and run Mac Os Sierra 10.12.6 on my Asus Vivobook S550CM ultrabook by referring to your guides, but I also have been able to access app store etc too. Your NullEthernet kext was particularly helpful in this regard. I was really stuck at how to get system to recognize my functional built in Realtek Ethernet to be recognized as "buit in", as it was found as en0 but not as built in and hence I wasn't able to access app store etc.
Thanks very much again.
I will highly appreciate if you can provide any help which may enable me to get internal Realtek ethernet to be recognised as buit in.
Regards.

I will highly appreciate if you can provide any help which may enable me to get internal Realtek ethernet to be recognised as buit in.

Off-topic. Open a separate thread in the appropriate laptop forum.

AWESOME !!!

Some changes was needed, but it working well, and I FINALY can use Setapp on my hack.
For thoses arrived after the war, with Clover (majority of people now), there is now /Extra/ folder, you have to put the file in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/

Thanks dudes (pcmarques & RehabMan)!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back