Intel HD 4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi Guys,

I have a quick question. I have installed Mac OS X on the Latte Panda Alpha. I have everything working, except HDMI Audio. I have Wifi, BT, GPU etc. I have looked over Novaspirits Video and files and he has got audio to work using VoodooHDA.kext, this shows the ports and audio works on the 3.5MM Jack but nothing on HDMI. I have tried AppleALC.kext however after trying every inject I hadn't got a single audio device to show up.

I would much rather use AppleALC.kext with cloverHDMI.command. However when using VoodooHDA nothing shows up on the command.

Has anyone else tried this board? I see it will become popular in the future.

I'll post any dumps you need me too.

Thanks

Jamie

Both HDMI and audio jack work great. Install clover v.2.1 files from Novaspirits for HDMI audio, and for AppleALC audio you can find kext and dsdt file at the InsanelyMac forum. I do not know if it's OK to provide the InsanelyMac link here.
Credits : MacPeet and jamiec @ InsanelyMac

Hi,
how did you manage to get the jack audio working? I managed to get audio working from HDMI, but not from jack.

To get the audio jack work without dsdt, get the latest AppleALC1.3.4, and modify your config.plist for layout-id 17 as follows.

<Devices>
<key>Audio</key>
<dict>
<key>Inject</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>ResetHDA</key>
<true/>
</dict>

<key>Properties</key>
<dict>
<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1f,0x3)</key>
<dict>
<key>layout-id</key>
<data>
EQAAAA==
</data>
</dict>
</dict>

Hi Cloudy,

Thank you very much for your contribution!

...But sadly in my lattepanda alpha is still not working the audio jack.
I modified my config.plist according your indications and I tried with AppleALC.kext 1.3.4. and 1.3.5, but no luck... My sound preferences pane only show the HDMI output.

The base of my installation are the clover files 2.1 from novaspirit.

I miss something? Some clue?

Thank you for you help!

Hi everyone,

Now is working the audio jack on my lattepanda alpha!!

I made the modifications posted by Cloudy and also added "alcid=7" as a boot flag.

I hope it will be helpful

Greetings

Glad to hear you got it to work. Using dsdt and set layout id to 17 can be an another option.

Hi guys,

I've installed mojave 10.14.3 on my lattepanda alpha with the latest updates from novascript "LattePanda Clover 2.2.1 (10.14.3 w/ hdmi audio) Fix!", but hdmi audio doesn't work at all, do i have to follow another procedure?
Could the solution abovementioned be useful also for the version 10.14.3?
I didn't check yet 3.5 audio jack, do you have all audio setting working?

Hi, I don't tested with 2.2.1 version but I suppose this is not the problem.

You should enable iDisplay audio in BIOS for get the HDMI audio working.

For the audio jack you need to edit the config.plist file, like cloudy explains above and add "alcid=7" as a boot flag.

All the audio settings are working with this setup. In fact, also the audio through display port is working if you use a usb-c to displayport adapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back