Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell Latitude e7250
CPU
i7-5600U
Graphics
HD 5500 1366x768
Hello forum,:thumbup:

I managed to sucessfully install Mac OS X High Sierra 10.13.1 in a Dell Latitude e7250 (some reboots happened during the install but I continued and the installation finished). After the installation I have

* Not possible to boot without the clover that is in the USB
* Keyboard and Mouse not working (keyboard fixed with Vooodoo kexts)
* Intel HD 5500 screen glitches
* No audio
* WiFi not working (incompatible) I will try

I have installed the Vodoo Kexts for PS2 but I only got working the keyboard, not the mouse. I have used multibeast to install clover in the Hard drive but the system only boots if I choose the clover from the USB. I used multibeast for audio / install clover in EFI but I had no luck. Anybody can point me what are the next steps for me to follow?:banghead:

Thank you for all the help!

Hello forum,:thumbup:

I managed to sucessfully install Mac OS X High Sierra 10.13.1 in a Dell Latitude e7250 (some reboots happened during the install but I continued and the installation finished). After the installation I have

* Not possible to boot without the clover that is in the USB
* Keyboard and Mouse not working (keyboard fixed with Vooodoo kexts)
* Intel HD 5500 screen glitches
* No audio
* WiFi not working (incompatible) I will try

I have installed the Vodoo Kexts for PS2 but I only got working the keyboard, not the mouse. I have used multibeast to install clover in the Hard drive but the system only boots if I choose the clover from the USB. I used multibeast for audio / install clover in EFI but I had no luck. Anybody can point me what are the next steps for me to follow?:banghead:

Thank you for all the help!

Why 10.13.1?
From where did you download macOS?
On what hardware did you create your USB installer?

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

Why 10.13.1 ? I had it on my hard drive when the upgrade to high sierra was available and I grabbed it. I downloaded it from the apple store, I created the install media on my MacBook Pro running High Sierra. I am doing just to test how is the hackintosh experience, not going to really use it for production. Will I have likely less problems with El Capitan?

Why 10.13.1 ? I had it on my hard drive when the upgrade to high sierra was available and I grabbed it.

Recommend you start with current version of High Sierra, not old version.

Recommend you start with current version of High Sierra, not old version.

Thank you for the recommendation. I will probably do it but, will I not have the same problem with booting from hard drive? I wonder what is causing that I can boot the installed OS from the usb drive but I cant do it directly with clover installed inside the hard drive.

Thank you for the recommendation. I will probably do it but, will I not have the same problem with booting from hard drive? I wonder what is causing that I can boot the installed OS from the usb drive but I cant do it directly with clover installed inside the hard drive.

Seems that you should compare your HDD EFI/Clover with your USB EFI/Clover to discover why the difference.

I deleted the EFI/Clover directory partition and I have copied the one from the USB. Now I can boot MacOS from hard drive. Great!

Still I dont have the laptop trackpad working. Any hint here? I also have some glitches on the login screen and I believe ACPI is not working very good.

I deleted the EFI/Clover directory partition and I have copied the one from the USB. Now I can boot MacOS from hard drive. Great!

Still I dont have the laptop trackpad working. Any hint here? I also have some glitches on the login screen and I believe ACPI is not working very good.
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Sorry, I tried to run that shell script for diagnostics but it looks it needs internet connection. Is there any other way to do without internet? I did not manage to make wifi work just yet (usb wifi Ralink 2571W : Conceptronic C300RU)

Sorry, I tried to run that shell script for diagnostics but it looks it needs internet connection. Is there any other way to do without internet?

It is covered in the project README on github.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back