Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Xiaomi Air 13
CPU
Intel i5-6200u
Graphics
Intel HD 520
i'm trying to install the latest version of macOS Sierra (downloaded today from the app store). When i'm trying to boot the Install macOS Sierra entry i get stuck (see picture). Previous versions of Sierra installed without problems.

Should i use a different SMBIOS or something?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 214
Clean Unibeast created install USB gives this output with the same latest version of Sierra:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 131
i'm trying to install the latest version of macOS Sierra (downloaded today from the app store). When i'm trying to boot the Install macOS Sierra entry i get stuck (see picture). Previous versions of Sierra installed without problems.

Should i use a different SMBIOS or something?

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Pay attention the Broadwell info in the FAQ. It is important.

I'm on my Skylake laptop and i use the Sierra Skylake framebuffer patch from your common Sierra issues thread. The weird thing is, this is happening since 10.12.1 build 16B2657, 10.12.1 build 16B2555 booted fine.

Probably the patch is not taking effect due to kernel cache issue...
Boot with bogus ig-platform-id (0x12345678), rebuild cache (see FAQ), then boot normally.

Please fill out your profile correctly...

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
("Personal Details" link from "profile menu" in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back