Contribute
Register

Latest Haswell (LGA1150) Motherboard Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
does this mean the

GIGABYTE G1.Sniper Z87 ATX Creative Sound Core 3D Killer E2201

will be compatible to OSX, especially the soundcard and networkcard?

does this mean the

will be compatible to OSX, especially the soundcard and networkcard?

grumpy-cat-8141_preview_zps9177ab07.png

Hi spmcveigh
i saw that you have a asus z87 deluxe quad and a 4770k
i'm planning to build a hackintosh very similar to what you have,

asus z87 deluxe quad
i7 4770k
gtx770 4gb

would you mind writing down what's working and what not and if you are happy with the build

greets

I have the GA-Z87X-UD5H Z87 LGA 1150

Finished the build back in January an have absolutely no reason to believe its a usable board.

I've applied the suggested MultiBEAST.

Hardware and OSX were a piece of cake.

But I never run for more than a couple of days without freezing.

Sometimes I freeze several times is an hour. Then is clears up and steady as
a rock for a couple of days.

My work load is always the same NewTek Lightwave, Safari and Mail. Very little varation.

I try running the apps one at a time. No real change.

I re-boot several times a day.

I have E-Mail requests pending here, and have tried the various suggestions. Except for turning the voltage up on memory. Memory space and Bios agree.

My Build

Intel Core i7-4770K Quad-Core Desktop Processor 3.5 GHZ 8 MB Cache BX80646I74770K
Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H Z87 LGA 1150 2-Way SLI Dual LAN ATX Motherboard
EVGA GeForce GTX760 SuperClocked
Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600 MHz (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory (CML16GX3M2A1600C10)
Corsair Carbide Series White 500R Mid Tower Computer Case (CC-9011012-WW)
Corsair Enthusiast Series TX 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80 PLUS Bronze (TX750)
WD2002FAEX Caviar Black 2 TB SATA III 7200 RPM 64 MB Cache
SanDisk 64 GB Flash Drive
GH24NS95B Optical Disk R/W
Corsair H100 Liquid Cooler w/fans

scifisteve- i have a ...ud5 th and i experienced similar problems. at first i had 32g of 2400 gskill ram in it- though this ram was certified on the gigabyte compatibility list, and though i was able to run prime95 at the same time as geek bench for hours... the system would crash randomly on me- frequently when i seemed to be using photoshop or other gfx problems. i couldn't figure it out for the life of me... i took 2 sticks of ram out and since then it hasn't crashed once. i wonder if your ram is on gigabytes list? i have read that z87 is very finicky with ram. next i'm going to try to bring my ram speeds down to 1600 and add those 2 sticks back in to bring me back to 32, i've read that ram over clocking doesn't help that much anyway

very aggravating but i hope u figure it out soon. best of luck

Hey guys I am going to built a new PC with intel 4790K , and I am looking for a z97 full compatible mobo ... (Until 200$)

While shopping, I looked at this list and choose the MSI B85-G41 motherboard... now i'm trying to install Maveriks on it... each time a try, i get quick flash and chameleon unibeast utility won't boot the setup... this is not my first hackintosh... is the MB supported for real ???

the author said that: "Entries in red are my additions".

Hi all,

I saw the ASUS Z97-P listed here, and wanted to know if any1 can help me with sound (ALC891 kext file) or workaround?

Thanks!

Tru

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back