Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI
Corsair Vengeance 16gb RAM
EVGA GTX 650 Ti BOOST Superclocked
OCZ 480gb SSD
Seagate Barracude 3tb HDD
Silverstone Slim-load DVDR Drive
Silverstone 450w Modular 80+ gold SFX PSU
Silverstone FT03 Mini

I'm so glad it's finally finished after changing some parts and achieving a 100% working hackintosh. I will be putting up a guide very soon because I feel like the guides that I used weren't as clear as I'd like them to be. Only problem I have is figuring out how to put acrylic in the apple logo since there's very little room between the panel and the chassis. Anyways, here's the pics:

IMG_0665.jpgIMG_0666.jpgIMG_0667.jpg

I also have as extra components:

Dell DW1515 Mini wireless card
iOGear 4.0 Bluetooth dongle
24" Apple Cinema Display
Apple Magic Mouse
Apple Numeric Keyboard

Lemme know whatchu think. :D

Very Cool. Any chance of a few more pictures and some details about how you built this?

Edit: Sorry just read your post again, can't wait for you to post more details, this is incredible work.

Very Cool. Any chance of a few more pictures and some details about how you built this?

Edit: Sorry just read your post again, can't wait for you to post more details, this is incredible work.

I'll put them up tomorrow since I'll have more free time. :D

Here's the insides:

IMG_0671.jpgIMG_0673.jpgIMG_0691.jpgIMG_0692.jpg

I'll put them up tomorrow since I'll have more free time. :D

Very nice looking build :thumbup: Would you post the kinds of temps you see when stressing the
system, ie gaming or video editing or other gfx intensive work ? I would estimate that if
Apple sold a Mac that specs out like yours and is housed in that nice a case, for under $1800
it might even outsell the iMac line and be a worthy replacement for the Mac Pro, which is
turning into a museum piece rather quickly.

The version of this silver FT03 on Newegg currently has a DVD slot that
is horizontal. Is that an older version than yours or is it the most recent
update of the FT03 ? It also has a side vent that looks to be made of plastic.

TRS 2013-05-15 at 9.55.21 PM.png

Very nice looking build :thumbup: Would you post the kinds of temps you see when stressing the
system, ie gaming or video editing or other gfx intensive work ? I would estimate that if
Apple sold a Mac that specs out like yours and is housed in that nice a case, for under $1800
it might even outsell the iMac line and be a worthy replacement for the Mac Pro, which is
turning into a museum piece rather quickly.

Here's the temps at idle with geek bench set to 32-bit:
Screen Shot 2013-05-15 at 10.55.24 PM.jpg

I'm pretty happy with those temps. My CPU is set to 3.9~4.0 GHz and the GPU is factory overclocked since it's the SC version. Also my ram is at 1866MHz unlike what geekbench says. XD

Here's the temps at load with World of Warcraft at Ultra settings at about 67fps:
Screen Shot 2013-05-15 at 11.00.11 PM.jpg

I'm very happy with both of these results although I will put the CPU under a CPU intensive benchmark to get the best results.

Have any idea what benchmarks to use to max out temps?

The version of this silver FT03 on Newegg currently has a DVD slot that
is horizontal. Is that an older version than yours or is it the most recent
update of the FT03 ? It also has a side vent that looks to be made of plastic.

View attachment 56367

That's the big brother to my case. It fits mATX motherboards, two full size GPU's and a full size PSU.

Dying to know - how'd you get the Apple logo cut into the case?

I took it to this place called Advanced Waterjet. Its a big machine that does custom cuts. I'm updating with the acrylic logo now XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back