ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero Z170
CPU
i5-6600K
Graphics
GTX 1060
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi there,

I successfully migrated my "Stork's ASUS HERO VIII"-Setup from Clover to OC.
For now, nearly most of it is running flawless - nice job from the devs for such an early beta :clap:
I'll post the complete running/not running feature list below my questions - maybe it'll provide useful information for other "Stork's"-User.

Here are my last struggles that I can't get solve by myself.

1) After migration to OC the Hackintool ( / Logs / WhatEverGreen) shows me this error from WhatEverGreen. Not sure if this is a relevant error, but I want to get rid of it ;)
2020-02-03 14:04:03.242008+0100 localhost kernel[0]: (kernel) WhateverGreen weg: @ console buffer allocation failure

2) I successfully activated my Apple Watch in the system preferences to unlock my hack. But when I locked my account and want to unlocked via the watch, it just provides the typical information like "Unlocking with Apple Watch" ... this lasts for about 2-3 seconds and then suddenly change to password input field. :crazy:
With clover unlocking works fine.

Hopefully someone can help me out of this.

Here's whats working so far:
  • Sound via HDMI (GFX) = OK
  • Sound (analog/digital Input and Output) via motherboard = OK
  • iMessage including SMS forwarding = OK
  • Instant Hotspot (iPhone 11) = OK
  • iPhone calls (iPhone 11) = OK
  • AirPlay (Audio and Video) = OK
  • Bluetooth = OK
  • Sleep = OK
  • Handoff/Continuity (iPhone > Hack) = OK
  • Handoff/Continuity (Hack > iPhone) = OK
  • Universal clipboard (iPhone > Hack) = OK
  • Universal clipboard (Hack > iPhone) = OK
  • AirDrop (Hack > iPhone) = OK
  • AirDrop (iPhone > Hack) = OK
  • Continuity camera = OK
  • Sidecar (iPad Pro 12,9" 2018) = OK
  • Apple Pay (via iPhone / AppleWatch) = OK
And here's whats not working
  • Auto unlock with Apple Watch = NOK
  • Sleep = NOK

Last edited:
Got the setup generation after yours and ended up with the same success and the same problems as you. My Fenvi t919 worked like a charm on Mojave and Clover. So maybe we need better SSDTs for the Asus boards? Also, I've heard a slight misconfiguration in the SSDT-USBX may cause wide spectrum of issues.

Have you solved the problem?

Hi @Thadone

The WEG-Error is gone, but I don't have changed anything related to that. Just updating WEG and OC. Sadly I'm not able to say when the error disappeared. But I have run the Hackintool again - no error

The problem with the apple watch is still persistent. I can't find any fix - only others with the same error.
Some of the "others" think it might be a problem that don't relate to OC because they also reproduced the error with clover.

The hibernate problem is solved - see here --> CLICK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back