i7-920
Graphics
GTX 285 1024 MB
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, I am a bit behind on cycles updates, so last week I updated my ga-x58a-ud3r to last patch (security update 2017-003) and again I can't get out of sleep.
Both monitors black and when I manually reset, I get my CMOS reset. I tried last thing I remember worked
and run both commands in succession and it didn't help:

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x2e\x0f\xb6|\xeb\x2e\x0f\xb6|' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

Any help guys ?
I am sorry if this was answered before, I wasn't able to find it.

Still using Chameleon boot loader or have you switched to Clover?
Are you using a patched DSDT?

Still using Chameleon boot loader or have you switched to Clover?
Are you using a patched DSDT?

Hi, I still use Chameleon. I believe Clover wasn't an option for this chipset / OS when it came out, and I have been running the same OS since. I occasionally upgrade it with new patches when they get released by Apple and I usually loose sound/sleep/network but I had no trouble finding solutions.
I believe many people moved on afterwards so I am not able to find a solution now since not many people are running this particular setup.
I do use patched DSDT, I don't know if those get updated (I still use same one I had 3 OS ago).

I still had no chance to use my desktop - you can tell how starve for free time I am.

Thanks !

I just turned on my mackintosh for the first time since October 2017. That's when my wife flooded the house...Everything finally normalized enough for me to get to the office and power up my PC for the first time.
Anybody got this under control ? What are other people doing with this hw combination ?

try booting with nv_disable=1 to force VESA loading instead of the GTX. You may need to add Lilu and Whatevergreen kexts to get your GPU working with the latest updates.

Thanks Going Bald. Why do you think my graphic card is giving me issues ? Everything seems pretty good throughout boot and during the whole run. System is very stable and I have no issues with it except sleep mode and iMessage (a while now). I haven't checked if my USB3 still works in the back.

Thanks Going Bald. Why do you think my graphic card is giving me issues ? Everything seems pretty good throughout boot and during the whole run. System is very stable and I have no issues with it except sleep mode and iMessage (a while now). I haven't checked if my USB3 still works in the back.
Your first post about both displays black. Some of the time it is not the system failing to wake - it is the GPU does not wake and will not accept input. I had that problem until I updated Whatevergreen and Lilu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back