Contribute
Register

Laptop sensors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus X550LDV
CPU
i7 > Need full CPU model number > See Forum Rules!
Graphics
HD 4400
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi great users of this forum

I have a big doubt regarding my laptops sensors. I am currently using HWMonitor in OSX 10.11.3, which as you know, in conjunction with FakeSMC kext and with FakeSMC_sensors kexts gives a lot of info about your build.

I am using FakeSMC_ACPISensors kext and FakeSMC_CPUSensors kext.
In HWMonitor I get detailed info about my CPU’s cores temperatures, about the hard drive temperature, about the CPU frequencies, multiplier, and about the CPU Power consumption.

I am doing this on the first laptop of my signature. I would like to know If I can be able to get fan speed data and battery temperature data. Thanks for your time

I am open to trying any suggestion given!
Thanks in advance!

Hi great users of this forum

I have a big doubt regarding my laptops sensors. I am currently using HWMonitor in OSX 10.11.3, which as you know, in conjunction with FakeSMC kext and with FakeSMC_sensors kexts gives a lot of info about your build.

I am using FakeSMC_ACPISensors kext and FakeSMC_CPUSensors kext.
In HWMonitor I get detailed info about my CPU’s cores temperatures, about the hard drive temperature, about the CPU frequencies, multiplier, and about the CPU Power consumption.

I am doing this on the first laptop of my signature. I would like to know If I can be able to get fan speed data and battery temperature data. Thanks for your time

I am open to trying any suggestion given!
Thanks in advance!

Fan speed (no support in FakeSMC/HwMonitor for battery temp) requires investigation (reverse engineering) and DSDT patches to interface with ACPISensors.kext.

Any idea how I could start writing a DSDT patch? What device is it on normally?

Is there any utility that would support fan speed readings and/or battery temp? If no, what would be my first step in order for this to work?

Any idea how I could start writing a DSDT patch? What device is it on normally?

It varies. The data is usually in the EC. There may or may not be a Field declaration for it.

Look at your DSDT and try to determine if there is a field for the data you want. You can use ACPIDebug to print the data to system.log. And you can use RW-Everything to examine SystemMemory and EC regions.

Time to work! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back