Contribute
Register

Laptop recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Latest working/tested option is 8th gen Intel + 600s graphics. Dell, HP, Lenovo have decent fully working laptops. What's the purpose of the laptop - browsing, music, production ?

Latest working/tested option is 8th gen Intel + 600s graphics. Dell, HP, Lenovo have decent fully working laptops. What's the purpose of the laptop - browsing, music, production ?
A little bit of everything. At most occasional small video editing, rest is mostly browsing, music.

I would suggest Dell Latitude 7490 as I have one for a daily driver and it works rock solid with the latest MacOS Monterey 12.2 for the same occasion - fast video editing and music recording, browsing, even some lite games (Worms W.M.D , CS GO, etc.). Depends on your location you can find refurbished laptop for less than 350$ in a great condition. Guides can be found easily.

I would suggest Dell Latitude 7490 as I have one for a daily driver and it works rock solid with the latest MacOS Monterey 12.2 for the same occasion - fast video editing and music recording, browsing, even some lite games (Worms W.M.D , CS GO, etc.). Depends on your location you can find refurbished laptop for less than 350$ in a great condition. Guides can be found easily.
Would you mind sharing your EFI for the 7490?

This EFI is configured for Broadcom WiFi. I have another one if you plan to use Intel Wifi/BT. Already generated new serial number for you so you can directly use it. Good luck!

Attachments

• Dell Latitude 7490 EFI OC 0.7.5 Monterey 12.2.zip
    9 MB · Views: 79
Last edited:
This EFI is configured for Broadcom WiFi. I have another one if you plan to use Intel Wifi/BT. Already generated new serial number for you so you can directly use it. Good luck!
Fantastic thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back