Contribute
Register

Laptop reboots after clover screen, before El Capitan installation starts

Is this problem related to hardware or to software?

• Hardware

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Software

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
AMD
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I want to install El Capitan on my Acer aspire v5-131 with intel celeron 1007u and 2GB of RAM, using the unibeast usb that I created (with legacy boot option that matches my bios).
But the laptop reboots before the installation even starts. After using verbose, I noticed that that the loading of the installation doesn't even start, as nothing is written on the screen. And after a few moments I get a line of "+", then the following error is displayed for almost half a second before the laptop reboots (sorry if there are some erros in it I copied it from a bad quality picture of my screen):
panic(cpu 0 caller 0xffffff808832636): "zone:init kmem_suballoc failed"@/library/caches/com.apple.xbs/sources/xnu/xnu-3247.1.106/osfmk/kern/zalloc.c:2199

Can someone please tell me from where that panic possibly comes, and give me a solution if there is one.

I want to install El Capitan on my Acer aspire v5-131 with intel celeron 1007u and 2GB of RAM, using the unibeast usb that I created (with legacy boot option that matches my bios).
But the laptop reboots before the installation even starts. After using verbose, I noticed that that the loading of the installation doesn't even start, as nothing is written on the screen. And after a few moments I get a line of "+", then the following error is displayed for almost half a second before the laptop reboots (sorry if there are some erros in it I copied it from a bad quality picture of my screen):
panic(cpu 0 caller 0xffffff808832636): "zone:init kmem_suballoc failed"@/library/caches/com.apple.xbs/sources/xnu/xnu-3247.1.106/osfmk/kern/zalloc.c:2199

Can someone please tell me from where that panic possibly comes, and give me a solution if there is one.

Not a desktop. Moved to laptop support.

This problem is solvable with config.plist/SMBIOS/Trust=true, or by specifying memory configuration in config.plist/SMBIOS/Memory (usually only needed for Skylake/DDR4).

The guide has the correct setup as far as Trust=true...

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

But there is little point... the graphics device in your Celeron is not supported by OS X, so you need a different laptop anyway.

Thank you for moving to the correct section, I didn't find laptop support :rolleyes:
And thank you very much for your answer. But does the last thing you said mean that it's IMPOSSIBLE to have os x running on my laptot, even with some modding and kext things?

Last edited:
Thank you for moving to the correct section, I didn't find laptop support :rolleyes:
And thank you very much for your answer. But does the last thing you said mean that it's IMPOSSIBLE to have os x running on my laptot, even with some modding and kext things?

The integrated graphics device in your laptop is not supported.

Read here for things to look for in choosing a compatible laptop: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/laptop-compatibility.106791/

Not a desktop. Moved to laptop support.

This problem is solvable with config.plist/SMBIOS/Trust=true, or by specifying memory configuration in config.plist/SMBIOS/Memory (usually only needed for Skylake/DDR4).

The guide has the correct setup as far as Trust=true...

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

But there is little point... the graphics device in your Celeron is not supported by OS X, so you need a different laptop anyway.
Trust=True does solve the "panic(cpu 0 caller" problem

Trust=True does solve the "panic(cpu 0 caller" problem

Always read. Carefully.

Note: "or by specifying a memory configuration in config.plist/SMBIOS/Memory"

Or you may have a completely different panic than the one identified in post #1. Solutions to panic are specific to the panic.

Let's see if you followed the guide...

Boot verbose, show photo. Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

Always read. Carefully.

Note: "or by specifying a memory configuration in config.plist/SMBIOS/Memory"

Or you may have a completely different panic than the one identified in post #1. Solutions to panic are specific to the panic.

Let's see if you followed the guide...

Boot verbose, show photo. Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).
Sorry. I forget to mention my panic error:
Code:
panic(cpu 0 caller 0xffffff800031cb36): "zone_init: kmem_suballoc failed "@/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/xnu/xnu-3248.680.10/osfmk/kern/zalloc.c:2204
I got this panic error after I upgrade my laptop by adding 1 more RAM and a SSD

Sorry. I forget to mention my panic error:
Code:
panic(cpu 0 caller 0xffffff800031cb36): "zone_init: kmem_suballoc failed "@/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/xnu/xnu-3248.680.10/osfmk/kern/zalloc.c:2204
I got this panic error after I upgrade my laptop by adding 1 more RAM and a SSD

Perhaps you forgot to re-extract/re-patch ACPI (a requirement after changing the amount of RAM installed). Or config.plist/SMBIOS/Memory does not describe your actual (new) memory configuration.

You forgot to completely read post #6.

Again: Boot verbose, show photo. Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder). Also, please press F4 in Clover before collecting EFI/Clover.

Perhaps you forgot to re-extract/re-patch ACPI (a requirement after changing the amount of RAM installed). Or config.plist/SMBIOS/Memory does not describe your actual (new) memory configuration.

You forgot to completely read post #6.

Again: Boot verbose, show photo. Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder). Also, please press F4 in Clover before collecting EFI/Clover.
You probably misunderstand my comment. I just wanted to confirm that "Trust=true" solved my problem :D

You probably misunderstand my comment. I just wanted to confirm that "Trust=true" solved my problem :D

Great. But it doesn't work all the time. Note that it is the default setting on all the plists in my Clover guise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back