Contribute
Register

Laptop PCIe Realtek card reader request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus X550LDV
CPU
i7 > Need full CPU model number > See Forum Rules!
Graphics
HD 4400
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys, my laptop hackintosh (#1 in signature) has now achieved 99% functionality
jester.gif

Everything works, including HDMI and HDMI audio, WiFi and Bluetooth with BCM94352HMB, RTL8111 Ethernet working thanks to a great dev, full brightness control and native iGPU and CPU power management. All USBs were made to work by me in El Capitan, the NVIDIA card is disabled, due to Optimus not being supported, even my VGA, that doesn’t exist on Macs is working fricking great.
All except for the card reader, which is Realtek.
I would love to be able to import my camera pictures directly to OSX cause that’s where I do all my professional editing job! I am forced to boot Windows only for an SDCard. Then I pass the pictures and access them from OSX.
Could you guys help me so I can get rid of Windows once and for all?

I know there is not much developer interest about it, but I can tell you there is a lot of roaring and asking in the forums, people want their laptop card readers to work, if it would be possible, and it would be a great implementation to our kext database as well as hardware compatibility database. I also know for a fact that Realtek has released drivers for their USB Card Readers for Mac OS X.
Any way we could adapt those drivers, and hopefully make a internal PCI Realtek Card reader kext, for Mac OS X?

I am open to trying any suggestion given!
Thanks in advance!

PS: Vendor id and Device id are there, being recognised natively by MacOS X. We just need some developer love <3

Screen Shot 2016-02-10 at 01.02.28.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back