Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on what PRoBook to buy. I don't understand why the same models come in different configs. Some of the parts are even upgradeable? :crazy:

I am ideally looking for a laptop with a 1920x1080 screen
15" or 17"
2GB of dedicated Video RAM
Optical Drive
i7 Processor

Is there an easy Hack-able Probook out there with close to these specs? :?:

I have a successful desktop Hackintosh 3770K, but, my 2009 17" 1920x1080 Mackbook Pro is lacking in the VRAM specs to be useful in the future.

Thank you in advance,

Cfreak

I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on what PRoBook to buy. I don't understand why the same models come in different configs. Some of the parts are even upgradeable? :crazy:

I am ideally looking for a laptop with a 1920x1080 screen
15" or 17"
2GB of dedicated Video RAM
Optical Drive
i7 Processor

Is there an easy Hack-able Probook out there with close to these specs? :?:

I have a successful desktop Hackintosh 3770K, but, my 2009 17" 1920x1080 Mackbook Pro is lacking in the VRAM specs to be useful in the future.

Thank you in advance,

Cfreak

The only suitable models I can think of is HP 8x60w or 8x70w with discrete graphics card, but those laptops are not supported by the sticky guides, so you have to figure out how to make them work (if possible).

I'd recommend a refurbished MBP instead of hackintosh laptop for heavy work like this.

nguyenmac
thank you for your answer. I am running into the same roadblocks with the MBP, no more 17" 1080P screens, rMBP don't have a built in optical drive, so I was hoping for a Hackintosh solution.

I am open to any and all suggestions. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back