CPU
i5-11400
Graphics
HD 5750
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Hi everyone!
I installed macOS Monterey on my laptop and started everything I needed. In general, everything works smartly, but there is one point. 20 minutes after the start of work, the whole system freezes tightly. Only restart via the laptop button helps. The same problem when you click "Shut down" and "Restart" - the system freezes tightly.
Through a long search for the cause of this behavior, I realized that the matter is in FacePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext. With the help of them, I start my integrated graphics Intel HD Graphics 4400. Without these kexts, there are no problems with freezing, the laptop can work at least 5 hours and does not freeze. But without these cakes, my graphics won't start, other methods don't help...

I am using Clover bootloader. Attached the EFI folder
Notebook Specifications:
CPU: i5-4210u, 1.7 GHz
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4400
RAM: 6GB

I would appreciate any help, thanks in advance

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    7 MB · Views: 52
Hi everyone!
I installed macOS Monterey on my laptop and started everything I needed. In general, everything works smartly, but there is one point. 20 minutes after the start of work, the whole system freezes tightly. Only restart via the laptop button helps. The same problem when you click "Shut down" and "Restart" - the system freezes tightly.
Through a long search for the cause of this behavior, I realized that the matter is in FacePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext. With the help of them, I start my integrated graphics Intel HD Graphics 4400. Without these kexts, there are no problems with freezing, the laptop can work at least 5 hours and does not freeze. But without these cakes, my graphics won't start, other methods don't help...

I am using Clover bootloader. Attached the EFI folder
Notebook Specifications:
CPU: i5-4210u, 1.7 GHz
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4400
RAM: 6GB

I would appreciate any help, thanks in advance
i have moved your post to laptop support

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

remove:
AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext
AppleIntelHD4000Graphics.kext
AppleIntelKBLGraphicsFramebufferInjector_3e9x.kext
FakePCIID.kext
FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext
IntelGraphicsFixup.kext

i have moved your post to laptop support

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

remove:
AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext
AppleIntelHD4000Graphics.kext
AppleIntelKBLGraphicsFramebufferInjector_3e9x.kext
FakePCIID.kext
FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext
IntelGraphicsFixup.kext
I set up my profile according to the FAQ, thanks
I deleted all the kexts you mentioned and... Fantastic, this helped! I'm very surprised because I didn't think IntelGFX would work without the FakePCIID kexts. Thank you very much!

I set up my profile according to the FAQ, thanks
I deleted all the kexts you mentioned and... Fantastic, this helped! I'm very surprised because I didn't think IntelGFX would work without the FakePCIID kexts. Thank you very much!
back in the day FakePCIID was required but not so much now with later versions of lilu whatevergreen kexts

glad you got it working :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back